A friend if needed

The night air was humid with a smell of tinted rain. The sky was dark and the stars were just coming out. As lightning strikes the sky, the forest lights up like the sun had just rose then all of a sudden it was dark again. The sound's in the wind started to pick up howls and high pitch screams sounded everywhere. As the storm got closer, rain started to pelt across every inch that lay in its way. Thunder cracked across the earth and with that came another strike of lightning. In the seconds the light had shown there was a boy standing in a clearing where he disappeared as it went dark again. With every strike that flashed across the sky he was getting closer. Finally he was in reaching distance he whispered "your not alone" and there was a pause as he backed away to look at me and finally says "in time to come"... " I'll see you soon." With that he was gone and I was soaked and remembering him I realized he didn't look wet nor did he shiver from the cold. He looked normal. Yet he looked so different.

~

I woke up with a start, I kept thinking to myself " why." I hadn't had that dream in a while. Even though I've had the same dream since I was 12 years old and haven't had it in 6 months there was something about it that was scaring me. There was a taunt to it, like a haunting rhythm to the sound of rain hitting the ground.

Too awake to go back to sleep I got out of bed and noticed that my window was open so I walked over to it. I looked down and saw the same flowers I had seen all my life, purple orchids, blue lilies, and white roses. All my favorite. The wind blew and the smell of the flowers rose and sifted in my face. I couldn't help but to smile.

Turning I walked to my desk that sat in the corner of my room I grabbed my iPhone 5 and texted my best friend Lacey Willow.

" hey can you come over we need to talk ?"
" yeah just a minute ."

Lacey lived across the street from me and we've been friends since 2 grade. We were on the playground and as I walked in front of her as she swung on the swing set, she jumped off and splashed mud on me. I was so mad I started to yell at her as she said she was sorry. Then it turned out she lived across from me and I don't know what happened we just worked out.

At my window three rocks hit the frame. That was our secret code for hey I'm here I'm coming up, and a second later there she was. One leg, two legs then her whole body one piece at a time. Her beauty always amazed me. Her long blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes she was tall and slender but still had the curves. She had the ass and the long arms I had the boobs and the long legs. We just fit.

"Hey what's wrong?", She always had a thing for the first word. I have told Lacey everything since we started being friends, and when I told her about my dreams she never really knew what to say. But as we got older she started to tell me that mabey I am having dreams about things I have seen as a child and that it's all coming back to me. But we've never known and we stopped worrying when they stopped.

" The dreams are back" I started by telling her. She just looked at me."What do you mean? " she asked."I thought you said they were gone ." "They were but I just had another and this time this one is different." " What do you mean different? "

Lacey was always the caring person that wants details to anything you tell her that way she can help and say something in any way she can to the person she's talking to.

"Instead of it just raining and the guy standing in the meadow, with every strike of lightning he gets closer and when he is in reaching distance he tells me something."

I stopped talking and for a moment there was a pause. I didn't know why I stopped or why I wouldn't keep talking but it was strange.

"Well what did he say to you?" I waited a second to catch my breath like i had been talking a lot faster than I thought."Your not alone." I stopped. "In time to come..... I'll see you soon." There was a pause. "I don't want to upset you but you know me. I mean it's weird that you have these dreams when your dad dies and finally they go away after you find out who killed your dad. I mean at first I thought you were having dreams about your dad but I don't understand why your having them now. Have you been thinking about him lately?"

I didn't know how to answer her question. It seemed so easy to answer because I haven't been. But I couldn't bring myself to say the words.

My stomach caught in my throte, I could feel my heart start to pound in my chest and I tried to choke back a few tears but the harder I tried the harder it seemed to do so. I could feel a tear fall down the side of my face but as fast as it came Lacey wiped it away. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you I just wanted..." She pulled me into a hug and for some reason I couldn't hold anything back I let it out and it felt good.

If you've ever seen those sad quotes that say "do you ever wanna cry when someone asks you if your OK" , that's how I am if there's something bothering me and someone notices they always tend to ask me. But the hard part about them asking you is your too messed up to be thinking any one cares so when someone does and they ask if your "OK" it makes you feel worse. Having my best friend there to comfort me when I suddenly feel so lost and cold I realize that I'm lucky to have a friend like Lacey Willow, because of Lacey I've made it through many tough times and without her I don't know where I would be.