Bonfire

School had let out and there was only a few things that I had to do before I started to get ready for the party.

"Hey I need to get a few things before I start to get ready"
"Do you need any help do you want me to come"
"Nah its all good"
"OK well I'll save you a seat next to Chase"

She knew how I felt about Chase and that was one thing she liked to mess with me about, was him.

Now that mom wasn't here and I was going to the party I needed to clean the house a little and leave a note just in case she showed up. After I was done I got in the truck and went to town. Nobody throws a party without a little bit of drinking.

Walking through the doors of my cousin Josh's house I noticed he wasn't home. Like usual he was out doing what ever he did and always left the front door unlocked. He was always paronoid that someone would want to break in and steal his beer. Then again that was one thing he was good for, giving out his beer to people in need.

"Hey dude I'm here at your house and I want some beer I'm going to a party and mom isn't home. Can I have some"

He didn't answer back as soon as I wanted him to. Then again he was probably passed out somewhere.

"Yeah its OK as long as your mom doesn't find out. How many people are going to be there?"

"I don't know its going to be down at the south beach a bunch of school kids are going. Why?"

"Go in the back bedroom there should be six cases of bud take about three. There's probably only going to be about 20 people there. And hey be careful please you don't know what could happen OK..... I luv you."

Josh had always been like an older brother to me. He always made sure I was going to be OK. He had promised my dad that no matter what he would protect me when they went out one day.

"I love you too and thanks"
"Your welcome"

Yeah he has a drinking problem and he gives me beer and all but he tells me that I'm a teenager and that I should go out and have fun.

I did like he said and grabbed three cases that were under the bed and left. Back In the truck I turned the radio on and backed out of his driveway and started on my way back home.

As every one of my favorite songs played on the radio it changed to Lonely Girl by Tonight Alive and I got happy and started to sing along.

When the radio started to cut out I turned it off and when I did all of a sudden it was raining. As the minutes ticked by it was getting harder and harder. When I came to a red light I stopped and looked around, it looked like I was the only person out in the weather. When the light changed to green I started to move but slowly.

Yes the rain has always been my favorite time but when I'm driving in it I try to take it slow. When I was mabey 20 minutes from my house I saw someone in the rain. It was weird because I felt like I had seen them somewhere.

When I got closer to the person I realized that it was Trent. Without thinking I totally bypassed him and kept going. As I looked in my rear view mirror I saw he was soaking wet and he looked cold. I stopped the truck and backed up. Then when I got to where I saw Trent, he wasn't there.

I wanted to get out and look for him but there was no sense in it. I took a second to look around the whole street. There were no cars or people out. As I sat there and watched the rain hit the windshield I noticed that it sounded like a rhythm.

With every second playing over and over in my head as I drove into my driveway. I just tried to forget it as I went into the house.

Not knowing what I was going to wear I just decided to go in what I was wearing. Looking in the bathroom mirror I brushed my hair and surprisingly it was still straightened. I took one last look and left.