New Surprise

Getting ready for school I brushed my teeth then took a shower. I was kind of in a hurry because me and Lacey were watching music videos on the TV and forgot about the time. When I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around me and flipped my hair a few times an walked out of the bathroom.

I started to walk down the stairs and look for Lacey, when I saw a text on my phone.

"Hey I had to go home and get ready. If you want any more pancakes they are on the stove, and we ran out of milk but there's still some orange juice. I'll see you at school."

"OK thanks. I'll see ya there"

Walking down the stairs I went to the living room and turned the TV off. Then I walked into the kitchen and found the pancakes on the stove just like Lacey said. I washed up the dishes that we had made and wiped off the counters, then turned the coffee pot on.

Back up stairs I went to my closet and started to search for something to wear. To my surprise I didn't find anything that caught my eye for the day. So I just grabbed a pair of skinny jeans that has holes in the knees and a shirt that came to my belly button with the question "if you had magic soap what would you wash away?"

Lacey had got it for me when we went shopping the day we found out my dad had died. She had asked me the question by accident and when she found the shirt she said that she just had to get it for me.

I laid the outfit on my made up bed and got dressed. When I was done I went into the bathroom and the first thing I noticed was my reflection.

I hadn't realized I actually looked like my dad and had many of my mom's features. I had long brown hair that reached my torso with big green/blue eyes. I had my mom's thick hair but the color of my dad's. I had my dad's eyes and his tan. In general I had my dad's face and the body of my mom. Together I had both my mom's and my dad's eyes.

It felt good to know that no matter where I go I'll always have my mom and dad with me. Even if I forget it or not.

With my hair still being wet I blow dried it then straitened my hair. With as long as it was it took 45 minutes to straighten and when I looked at the clock it said it was 7:27am so I at least had 10 minutes left until I had to leave for school.

I took one last good look at myself in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom.

Before I walked down the stairs I put on my black convers and grabbed my phone and went down stairs.

In the kitchen I grabbed a coffee mug and poured myself some coffee. When I turned to look out at our backyard I saw something moving in the bushes. I couldn't help but to slid the glass sliding door open and walk out side.

It was chilly but it wasn't cold there was still dew on the ground and there was fog out. When I got off the back patio I walked over to the bushes where I saw the bushes moving. As I got closer I was starting feel like it was nothing but it moved again.

As I pushed the bushes aside a rabbit jumped out and started to run away. I was starting to feel like a dumb ass when relief flooded back across my body.

Back inside I closed the door and grabbed the keys to my Chevrolet truck. Mom and dad had promised me that for my sixteenth birthday I could get my license and they had said that they would get me a Chevrolet and that would be all I get.

I had always been a Chevrolet girl and my whole family knew it some of which cursed me for it because everyone else is Ford or dodge and I was cursed to be a Chevrolet girl.

"Hey I'm ready are you if you are I can give you a ride"
"Yeah I'm ready I'll be over"

I took a sip of my coffee then made a cup for Lacey and headed out the door.