Chapter 32

Niall’s POV:

                A shrill ring pierced the hollow air as I jumped a bit. I wasn’t expecting the phone to ring anytime soon. It was very rare for it ever to ring. I sighed as I quickly put the homemade pizza into the oven and jogged over. I took a deep breath as I approached the small nightstand.

                “Hello?” I said cautiously as I picked up the home phone and placed it to my ear, keeping a close eye on the food.

                The voice on the other end let out a soft but dark chuckle. It stayed silent for an eerie moment as his raspy breath sliced through the phone creating small goose bumps to wash over me. Finally the voice spoke. “Hello there Niall, how’s my bitch treating you?”

                It was Jake. Was I relieved or was I upset that he was calling. Had it already been so long? I guess I lost track of my time with Nani. “What do you want?” I spat out, not wanting to exchange formal greetings with him. I had no intention of making small talk with this bastard. Hatred for this man suddenly swarmed my veins.

                “I need an extension on when I am coming to pick up Nani. Some things came up. Will this be a problem?” He said, suddenly turning into a serious mode.

                “No problem at all. I only require a days’ notice before you come to pick her up.” I said firmly as I checked on the pizza.

                “Good. Oh and Niall? How is your dear brother doing?” He asked and I instantly froze. How did he know I even had a brother to begin with? I clenched my fists tightly and turned the oven off.

                “How the fuck do you know about my brother?” I whispered harshly into the phone. Just then Nani bounced down the stairs with a smile on her face.

                “Hey who is on the-“ she started but she cut short when she saw the expression on my face. She mouthed ‘’what’s wrong’’ to me but I turned away from her and waited for an answer from Jake.

                “Ah I hear Nani in the background. She sounds happy Niall, why is that? Has someone fallen in love with her? She won’t ever love you back you know. She is just playing you so you will pity her and let her go. Who would love you after you killed your parents? And your brother too! You’re just a freak who people hire to do their dirty work.” Jake said casually through the phone.

                How did he know any of this?! I could feel my face drain and Nani walked over to me and sat down on the counter in front of me. She looked concerned but Jake was probably right, it was all just an act. I stayed silent and I clenched my jaw extremely tightly to keep from bursting out in anger. I had to clench my fists so tightly that my knuckles turned a bright shade of white.

                “You better be listening you little Irish runt. I know more about you then you think I do. And I also know Nani better then you ever will. She doesn’t fall for guys as evil and scary as you. She likes the guy who will go watch the sunset with her, not almost rape her. What girl would ever want that? You’re wasting your time falling for her Niall, in a few days she will be mine anyway. You are completely pathetic and worthless if you think you ever had a chance at making her like you.” Jake continued.

                My breathing increased as my heart raced. Why was everyone so against me and Nani being together?! We weren’t even together in the first place! And even if we were though it’s none of their business, but Jake did make some good points. I was pathetic.

                I unclenched my jaw and let out an angry breath that I was holding in. “Thanks for the reminder.” I said emotionlessly as I slammed the phone down on the receiver so hard that it sent a loud crack through the house, making a small gasp escape Nani’s lips.

                I looked at her and realized Jake was right. She wouldn't ever love me...Then again I wouldnt love me either if I were her.