Catching-up

-Nikki-

«You know I'm going to examinate you right now, huh?» Georgia fakes again an evil grin.

«I'd already imagined you would do this» I chuckle.

«Well, we'll start now, so get ready» she pauses, thinking of the first question.

«Just to get started, tell me about how you were beaten up and found by Serj.»

I clear my throat before staring. «As said, some weeks ago I've been beaten up, probably those guys didn't like my hair colour, my tattoos and my piercing, I think. I called for help for a while and just when I was about to lose hope and voice someone came and took me in the arms so I passed out. I came back to consciousness after who knows how much time in a place that wasn't home and caught a glimpse of two people, one of which was touching me on the parts of my body that ached, so I understood he was a doctor and he was trying to acknowledge if I had some broken bones and needed me to be conscious. They let me sleep then and Serj came the morning after to see me, washed my face and told me his name.»

«I'm really sorry you had to experience this» Georgia whispers, putting a hand on my shoulders. «As usual things like that happen when I'm far and busy with work and just two weeks ago I was cut out of the world thanks to my stupid phone... remind me to exchange our addresses, later.»

«Sure.»

«Now let's talk about the hot topic!» she laughs seeing my expression going from serious to embarrassed. «How did you meet Daron? How has it been?»

«Uhm...» I hesitate a bit before coughing. «It happened in quite embarrassing circumstances. The day after being rescued, after spending several hours in bed and sleeping, I decided to get up 'cause I also needed the bathroom, so I went there, being careful, propping myself sometimes against the wall since my legs weren't really stable... then I met him face to face. He just got out of the shower.»

«Shit!» Georgia screams, then shuts up her mouth with her hands and recollects herself. «So he...?»

«No, he wasn't naked, he had a towel around his waist, but it didn't ease the embarrassment.»

«I'm picturing your upset and red face right now... did he say something?»

«Well, after seeing his widened eyes I thought I had scared him so I excused myself and tried to go back to the room, but he stopped me, then mocked me for my embarrassment and then went away, recommending me to be careful of not being sucked down by something in the bathroom. Furthermore, there was a pile of towels the guys left there for me so I could use them to wash myself and he let a note on it in which he recommended again to not destroy anything.»

«He really trusted you, huh?»

«Ahah, really...»

«Then?»

«Then, when Serj escorted me downstairs and he saw me, he found two nicknames for me, "lil thing" and "freaky", just to tell me I wasn't in great shape and I could scare him and that, despite everything, he didn't mind the things that make me "weird": hair dye, metal things and under-skin ink.»

«Those nicknames sound cute though!»

«Hey!! Are you mocking me too?»

«Oh no, really no!»

«You want me to beat you, huh?»

«Who knows? Ahahah, it's so funny to see you react like this! Anyway, let's be serious again... did you see him again after that day?»

«Yep, he came into the shop where I worked the day after... I don't remember if I told you or not, but until before Christmas I worked in an electronics shop, obviously not anymore since I've got another temporary job.»