Sweet Revenge

It is hard to confront an ex-girlfriend right after a break-up that nearly sabotaged my life.

Sabotaging my life is next to suicide. Suicide means the end of a dreamy relationship I had with Katherine.

"Katherine..." Saying her name makes my heart stop. She invaded my system like she is some sort of a drug and I became so addicted that I could not let go of her.

She made it seem so easy when she broke up with me - like we never shared happy moments together, meaningful conversations, and endless laughter. 

"It's the end, Damon." Just like that. No lame excuses. No lies. I do not know if the idea that I would want her not to change me is the main reason or not. Of course, I know she is a vampire. She told me that from the very start. I let her suck out my blood like I would not run out of it. I feel like I'm a blood bank in our relationship, but, nevertheless, I never felt sorry for loving her. She was the one I needed to save me from my pathetic life.

"Pathetic is so not you, Damon." She would always say that to me whenever I let out my rants to her.

"I feel so alive when I'm with you. Being a vampire is the death of everything, but, you made me feel so deadly alive." She would always say the best things whenever I feel all out of my life.

"Deadly alive - What a perfect phrase to describe you, Katherine." 

Sweet nothings ended. Talks stopped. Moments ceased to happen.

We broke up. I do not know how to handle this. I do not know what to do. I do not know where to start. 

My heart would not accept this. We broke up. My heart refuses to accept this idea of not having Katherine around.

So, I thought of a plan...

"Stefan. I want you to meet Katherine. " I said as we entered Mystic Grill.