Chapter 1

"Will you come and help with the arrangements for the evening, please?"

I sighed. They only call me when they need help or have got some work. I was at my farmhouse. With my family. Well I could call it a family, only dysfunctional.

My mom and dad, grandfather and the families of my two uncles had gathered at our farmhouse for the weekend. Family gatherings were something I never looked forward to. No one spoke to anyone. Everyone had a problem with the other. Ours was never a normal family. And I hated it.

It was sunset. We had gathered around for the campfire. It was one grim get together.

"How's work nana?", I asked my grand dad.
"Fine", he retorted.

And it was all silent again.

I asked my three cousins if they wanted to play something. My brothers were on their phones and my sister was lazy as ever. She didn't even want to discuss life.
Ugh I hated this.

"Mom, why don't you to talk to Ram mama and Rahul mama and plan something for tomorrow morning? I mean we could go to the beach or-"

"Don't tell me what I have to do", my mom cut me short. "They are not gonna have anything in mind anyway. I'll just think of what to do", my mom said, rather crossly.

Tears welled up. What did I do to deserve this? I looked at my dad. He was the only sane person in my family. He seemed to understand my sorrow.

I don't know what I missed but both my aunts had started arguing. And soon everyone was yelling at everyone. I tried to stop them, I begged. No one cared to listen.

I went back to my room and screamed into my pillow. I wept inconsalably. I wanted a family. A perfect happy family. I didn't want my gatherings to end this way. Thoughts forced their way into my head. But before I could think about anything else, I was fast asleep.

Hi! I'm Aditi. Aditi Sharma. I have a rather boring life and I'm an introvert. I'm the only child of my parents and life is pretty tough, especially when you have no one to talk to at times like these. I stay alone most of the time. I chose not to talk to people about my feelings. Half of them don't care, and the other half are glad that I have them.

The next day didn't go well either. And I couldn't wait to get back to school. At least I had my girls.