Chapter 4

At around 8 that evening, the train halted at a god forsaken place. It was so eerie, there were no lights. Ishvik was furiously tapping at the glass. He was scared. I had to stare for a while to try to get a grip of what that place was and man!! That was a railway station.

"Such an odd place to be a station right?", Mrs Khanna said, making me jump.

And then a couple of people got in and got down and *jaw drop scenes*

Cute Guy Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Extremely cute and HOT!!

I could t stop staring at him. I just couldn't. I wish secretly praying to God to place him in the same coupe as mine.

God heard me. He saw me all happy and thought lemme grant her her wish for a while.

I was on berth 35 and he was on 37. The middle berth. Wow. When I sleep I can see his face. Yayy.

"He's so cute", Mrs Khanna hushed. I giggled. Even married women!!

He was in a tattered blue jeans and a black tee with an Allen Solly denim jacket and woody brown shoes.
He had a wheatish complexion and messy hair and he.. Oh my god! Did he just smile?
He had two dimples. Just like me :p

Isn't he like the man of every girl's dreams? He was flawless.

Mrs Khanna had to nudge me to bring me back to my world and I had to retreat from my awkward stare and begin to be un needy.

He had held out his hand. " Hi! I'm Arjun and this is third time I've said this", he laughed.

I shook his hand and stammered "Hey sorry. I was in deep thoughts, I'm Aditi. Nice to meet you", I smiled.

He greeted Mrs Khanna and took Ishvik into his arms. Ishvik seemed to like him too.

I mustered all my courage. "Are you going to Delhi?"

"Huh? Sorry I didn't hear you."

I realised I was whispering.
"Are you going to Delhi?"

"Oh yeah I am. I'm going back home on a break from college."

"Oh! Where do you stay in Delhi?"

"Vasant Kunj. I stay in Naval Park. I did my schooling from NCS...", and he went on.

It was 11 and Mrs Khanna and Ishvik got down at Nagpur. I almost cried. I did. He was so cute that I found it hard to let go.

"Khay good night then. We've got a long day in the train and we'll catch up tomorrow", my new crush said to me and pulled out a blanket. He slept right away.

I was engulfed in darkness when I closed my eyes.

I was running in our lush green fields.

"Careful Aditi, you might fall", my dad's concerned voice, I heard, from behind me.
" I'm gonna be fine, baba."

I was looking out for him, my best friend. Where is he, I thought. He promised he'd come in early today. That liar.

Yes he's always late. In almost 13 years of our friendship, I have never seen him on time at any event. Oh, he was always on time to sleep.  For all I know he's sleeping right now.