Chapter 3

I couldn't sleep that entire night. So much that I put my girls on a conference call at 3am.

"Listen you people. I'm going to Delhi this morning!! I'm so excited. Aaaaa!"

"Get a life Aditi", Kriti said groggily.
"This is the eleventh call in the last three hours Aditi", Laila croaked.
"I know you're excited but could you let us sleep?", Nisha pleaded.
Tanya was the only one that was willing to listen to my crap even at 3am.
"Oi you people. Stop being such a buzz kill. Look how excited she is. So, Aditi did you pack this.....", Tanya went on and on while the others groaned and hung up.

I finally slept at 4.30am just to wake up at 6 again. My train was at 8 and I was going to be late. I had to hurry because my mom was already beginning to panic that I might miss my train.

I had insisted to my dad that I go by train which is a two day journey from where I stay. He didn't mind. That was my dad! My hero.

I reached the station at 7.15am and was waiting for the chart to be put up. I wanted to desperately find out who'd be in for the journey with me.

When the chart was prepared, my mom glanced at it.

"Aditi... Aditi Sharma.. ", she ran her fingers through the list of names.
" Why can't I find your name!?", she was panicking more. This was the first time I was going somewhere alone and no one could be more worried than ammi.

"Ma, relax. Ha-ha. It's right there. Berth number 35. Wait lemme see who's with me.."
I glanced at the list. There was some Mrs. Khanna and some one named Ishvik and some other old names.

It was 8 and I was gonna have the best time of my life. I called up my dad and then got into the train. My mom was literally beginning to have tears in her eyes. She reminded me of a mom who would weep when she left her 5 year old child at his first day at school. Ha-ha.

I made myself comfortable on my berth. Upper birth FTW. Two minutes later , a lady in her early 30s, in a plain white kurti and blue leggings, her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Oh wait, did I tell you she was looking absolutely stunning? She was carrying a .. Wait what!? A 2 year old boy. Oh! So this was Mrs Khanna and her son Ishvik!
I couldn't control my excitement!!
Well, I didn't tell you before but.. I LOVE KIDS!! They're these little balls of cuteness. So much of innocence.

I got down my berth, took off my earphones and introduced myself to the lady.

"Hello aunty. I'm Aditi. And I am going get on your nerves for the next 48 hours. Just kidding and you won't get your son back till we get down at our station", both of us laughed.

"Ha-ha hello beta. I'm Nikitha Khanna. And this is my son Ishvik. You're welcome to be with all the time", she grinned.

"He's so adorable, aunty. Can I take him home with me pleaseee?" I said, taking the lil ball of cuteness in my arms.

"Are you going to Delhi?"

"Yes aunty, I am. Where are you off to?"

"We're going to Nagpur."

"Oh this is so not done. What am I going to do from Nagpur to Delhi alone without this heart throb?", I exclaimed pulling him tighter.

I was in love with this boy. He was plump with honey coloured eyes and had that red flush in his cheeks. He got dimples when he smiled. Just like me!! Ha-ha.

Aunty and I were talking about the randomest stuff ever. She was so cool. I didn't know when time was 11 when the boy was fast asleep. I put him on the berth and covered him with a blanket. Aunty had to make a few calls so I went back up and began watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Yes I'm a huge fan and Joey is my favorite. Ross and Rachel I ship.
I was watching the scene where Phoebe gets married and I couldn't stop crying.

My mom packed Pudina Rice for me for lunch and she called me up at least ten times in just two hours! Ha-ha.

I fell asleep soon after lunch. And I had dreams where I was in Paris on the Eiffel Tower with my Prince Charming. Ha-ha, I've never even seen him.

It was nearly 5 in the evening and the train took a halt at a station whose name I didn't even bother to notice. I took a quick few steps and got back in.

Then Ishvik and I were playing peek a boo. He was enjoying it so much, it was fun to watch him get excited. We toured the third AC coach three four times and by this time everyone on the coach had known Ishvik.

I was reading 'Red Queen' by Victoria Aveyard when my phone screen lit up. It was a text from my dad.

Dad: Hey princess. What are you upto?

I quickly set my book aside to reply.

Hi daddy. I'm reading the book that Bojo uncle got me for the New Year. What are you doing?

Dad: I'm having to put up with Sanan uncle. He kidnapped me. I wanna go back to my room. I swear I will never complain about it again.

Hahahahaha. Sorry about that dad. Do you want me to send a rescue team? Ohhhh btw, someone just stole my heart.😍

Dad: Lemme guess. Some two or three year old again?

You know me sooo well daddy!

Dad: Kbye. I will leave you to your boy. Leave me a text before you sleep.