Chapter 12: The Dark Hallway

I put my right hand around his neck and my left hand on his shoulder. Gaara blushed when I did that. We started walking into the pitch black hallway. " I don't see a thing in here." I said as I turned my head left and right and squinted my eyes.

          "It doesn't matter. Just close your eyes. I'm here." Gaara said with a calm voice. I closed my eyes and I held on tighter to Gaara and I kept walking. "Aright... My eyes are closed..." I thought to myself.

1 MINUTE LATER

I saw some light on one of the sides of the wall maybe 7 feet away. I squint my eyes just to make sure I wasn't imagining it. I wasn't imagining it. once I knew it was real, I said, " I see some light over there Gaara." I said letting go of Gaara's shoulder and pointing at it.

           Gaara looked at where I was pointing and he saw it. "Finally..." Gaara said sighing. We got closer to the light and I saw what was making it. It was a torch hanging from the wall on a torch holder.

And I saw more and more torches in a pattern on each side of the wall. I let go of Gaara and I felt less afraid because there was light. It wasn't so bright, but at least there was some light. We kept walking in the direction the torches were. "Shouldn't we have met up with Temari and Kankuro already? It's been a while." I asked Gaara while looking around.

"Yes, but I don't see them." Gaara said confused and in a monotone voice. "I wondered what happened to them. I hope they're alright." I said worried. "Me too." Gaara said. A few moments later, I heard a sound as if someone was banging on the ceiling behind us.

"EEK!" I yelled as I jumped and held onto Gaara again. "What was that?" Gaara asked confused. "I-I don't know..." I answered stuttering and shaking. Then, we heard someone drop down from the ceiling behind us. "AHHH!" I yelled in fright as I jumped onto Gaara's arms.

Gaara looked at me in his arms and started to blush. "Oh, sorry Gaara. I'm very jumpy today..." I said embarrassed as I got off of Gaara's arms. "It's fine..." Gaara said scratching the back of his head. I turned around quickly to see what made that sound, but there was nothing there.

I looked around to see if I could find something or someone but I still couldn't see anything. "Ok, now I'm scared. What if it was a ghost?" I thought to myself. I turned back around and we kept walking. We continued walking until we saw that the hallway led to a dead end. "What the..." Gaara said confused.

"If this led to a dead end, then how could Temari and Kankuro have passed by? If they did..." I asked. Gaara shrugged his shoulders. Then, all of a sudden, I felt something Tap my back. "AHH!" I yelled as I jumped.

The mysterious thing then covered my mouth and pulled me back...