Chapter 3.5

A/N: this chapter is of Norminah's night before they walked in on Camila and Lauren😂.. Most of these '.5' chapters will be about Norminah.

-----

Normani struggled as she just finished her pop quiz in her anatomy class. She completely forgot the names of the leg bones and was beating herself up for not studying last night. Then again, she did get to meet one Dinah-Jane Hansen and that definitely was worth more than a measly quiz grade.

Dinah was thinking the same thing as she walked out of her chemistry class. Apparently she did not learn what she needed to learn in high school. Her thoughts were still circling around the goddess named Normani.

In retrospect, it was bound to happen that the two collided whilst being distracted by their thoughts.

"Fucking hell..." Dinah muttered.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Are you oka- Dinah?" Mani asked, seeing the taller girl on the floor in front of her.

"M-Mani. H-hey!" Dinah cursed herself for stuttering but Normani thought it was absolutely adorable, causing her to giggle.

"What are the odds of us both going here?" Normani said, gesturing to the building and school they were in.

"The same as our best friends being fuckgirls?" Dinah quietly replied because the nerves were creeping up on her when she saw the out reached hand from Normani to help her up.

Normani nods while letting out a hearty laugh that instantly filled Dinah with warmth.

Oh my god, even her laugh is adorable, Dinah thought.

"Well, it was nice to see you but I should probably get back to my apartment before Mila burns our place down." Dinah chuckled, while picking her stuff up and trying to walk away.

Normani, who decided to take a page out of Lauren's book quickly grabbed her wrist and gently pushed Dinah against the wall to prevent her from leaving.

Dinah was blazing red at the moment, nervous beyond belief.

"I'm sure she can handle herself. It's only-" Normani paused to check her watch "-8:30. How about you and me get some dinner?" Normani said, raising an eyebrow.

She had to remember to tell Lauren about this burst of confidence she has right now.

All Dinah could do was nod her head and think about what Camila would think after telling her about this moment. Probably that she was whipped.

-----

"So Dinah-Jane, tell me about yourself." Normani said across the booth they sat in at the local bakery which is located in between their apartments.

"There's not much to tell." Dinah said nervously, praying that Ally's staff would hurry up and bring their food out. Luckily for her, they did. The girls ate with small comments here and there, hungry after a day of classes.

Once they were done and the bill was paid by Normani, who refused to let Dinah pay and with a discount from Ally. They sat at the booth for a couple of hours, engaging in mindless chatter and drinking cups of free coffee, courtesy of Ally.

"Now c'mon, there's more than meets the eye, even though what I'm seeing is beautiful enough." Normani complimented, making Dinah a puddle of mush on the floor.

"You were not this confident when I saw you yesterday." Dinah muttered, shaking her head.

"I may have learned a thing or two from Lauren." Mani shrugged while Dinah choked on her coffee.

It took Normani a few seconds to catch on but when she did she narrowed her eyes.

"Not like that! I would never!" Normani said clearly flustered and Dinah giggled.

"Don't worry, it's the same with Camila." Dinah sighed.

Normani sighed as they made their way outside into the cool Los Angeles night.

"So..." She started, her confidence now gone.

"So?" Dinah asked with a knowing smirk.

"Can I- I mean we- can we- I don't know- do this again?" Normani asked while scratching the back of her head. She hoped that she made a good impression and didn't scare her away.

Dinah, who pretty much activated her confidence she learned from Camila just smiled and agreed. She
grabbed Normani's phone and entered her own contact details under 'Queen D'.

"Text me." Dinah said, giving the girl a hug and kissing her cheek before walking off towards her apartment.

Normani just stood there astounded by the girl walking away and practically flew back to the apartment.

Both girls were extremely excited to tell their best friends about tonight. Well, they were... Until they walked into their rooms.