Chapter 4

The six teens lounged on the high brick fence, all absent but in their thoughts. They had been through a rather trying time. They had all loved and lost and hoped and cried. They had been ill and weak and some had been an arms reach from deaths icy grasp. Amy had the grief of her sister and Aiden and Lily shared that grief, being so close to the little, loved and lost Rose Garret. Amy was laying down with her head on Aidens lap, while he stroked her hair and dried her tears. He had been shot, almost killed a boy and Aron had almost died. Fred's worries lay with his uncle who didn't make it. He gained Aron through the trauma though. They sat half falling off the wall, passionately kissing.

LILY'S POV

Lily had been one of the few lucky, though not truly lucky, people that had few to grieve and more to treasure. She sat in Alec's arms. His warm hands cupped in hers. He leaned against the wall that supported the fence. Lily lay huddled into him. Her head against his chest. He was still weak but mobile none the less. Their friend Blake ran past with a red eyed girl, Amy and Lily's friend May, who had just lost her mum. Taylor, May's twin sister, came trailing after at a less enthusiastic pace. Danny, the lunatic who had caused all their pain, had been taken to somewhere no one knew of and the survivors were left with their grief, misery, hopes, loved ones and the remainder of their sanity. Lily's dad had left her with her friends so he could find family. She was now absorbed in the arms, hand and lips of Alec, who was just as entranced by her. She knew they'd made it through the worst of it when the sun started to raise again, turning the dark sky a misty pink. All they needed now was time to time to treat, time to heal, time to remember and time to forget.