chapter 1

(Hello my name is Chanel and this is my first fan fiction ever so please vote and comment! Enjoy!)

FAITH POV

As I wake up in the dark room , I feel my sweaty palms and then take a second to realize where i am. I am in the small town called boulder creek at my fathers house. I felt my heavy breathing knowing I just had another nightmare about my mom , these nightmares were coming every night and it was really starting to bother me . I had decided to just forget about it & try going back to sleep.

I'm awoken by my alarm making a loud siren noise i reach over to the nightstand and turn it off. I drag myself out of my bed feeling tired as ever. As I make my way towards the bathroom I find myself in front of the bathroom mirror staring back at myself. Focusing on my face I notice dark bags under my eyes & my eyes were a little puffy and red. I slept horrible last night , just like I had been sleeping every night since I've been living with my father it was all just so new to me and I guess I would just have to get used to everything around here. My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the bathroom door I didn't bother asking who it was because only two people live in this house , me and my father , so i knew exactly who it was.

Once I open the door he just looks at me and then starts " good morning sweetie , how did you sleep last night ?". " I slept very well thank you" i lie. " well come downstairs when your done getting dressed, breakfast is ready!" I reply with a simple "okay". As I close my bedroom door I return to the bathroom , i strip out of my clothes and enter the shower i turned the water on and put it hotter than usual . Once I'm under the very hot water I can feel the heat of of the water relax my tense muscles I think about what my father said that breakfast is ready to head down stairs so I hurry and shampoo my hair following it with conditioner . In around 5 minutes I start getting out of the shower I towel dry my hair and walk over to my closet deciding what to wear. My dad bought me some new clothes , telling me it was just to surprise me with a gift but I knew it was because he didn't approve of most of my wardrobe. I pulled out a conservative button up top and scrunched my nose but what could I expect from the towns local pastor ? I hung the top again and threw on blue skinny jeans, a white v-neck, and a brown leather jacket. I decided to go with matching brown boots and after applying some eyeliner and mascara I head downstairs. I took a seat across from my dad and ate a bite from my waffles which earned me a disappointing look from my dad. " We're supposed to thank god before we eat" said my dad scoldingly. I mumbled a sorry . I wasn't use to to doing this kind of stuff when I lived with my mother , I can't even remember the last time I went to church , but now that I lived with my father I knew that'd be changing , & I'm not sure how I felt about that.

I finished my breakfast , and went to go say goodbye to my father , he replied with telling me good luck on my first day , but it wasn't really a first day which was the worst part of all this , I had come in the middle of my senior year.