The Girl

"Come on guys! Don't you want to go up to the surface before Death wakes up?" Black Star yelled at the other two boys.

"But Black Star, the chances of us making it back before Death wakes up is-" I started to say before I was cut off by Kid.

"Oh come on, Soul... Have a little faith once in a while." He smacked my back roughly, knocking the breath out of my chest.

Before I could protest, the others had run out towards the main sewer lines, making their way toward the surface, climbing out from beneath the manhole above them. I caught up to them, on top of the roof, closest to the sewer opening. "Come on, guys... Death-"

"Shut up, Soul... There's a human down there." Black Star harshly whispered.

I joined him, laying on my stomach, watching the mostly empty street below. In the apartment building across the street a girl stood, holding out some form of green paper towards a man holding a box which said 'Pizza'. The man took the paper, handing her the box before moving out of the doorway, revealing the girls' face. Her long, dirty blonde hair was pulled up in pigtails, keeping it away from her face. Her eyes were a beautiful emerald green, she smiled a small smile, a smirk if you would. That small smirk sent my heart thumping. I lay there, staring at the girl until Kid smacked my back, "Come on, Soul, what's your problem?"

"She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," I swooned a bit.

"Yeah, she's also the only girl you've ever seen." Black Star laughed harshly.

"Come on, Star, don't pick on him." Kid scolded before picking me up off the roof. I fell for a little while before landing on my feet, softly before losing my balance and falling on my butt. I could hear the others laughing and also a small gasp. I look up to find a girl, standing in front of me, holding the box before she dropped the box and rushed to my side.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Uh, uh... Yeah," I whispered, my throat scratchy and voice hoarse. The girl held out a hand to him, offering some unneeded, but very wanted help. I grabbed it, looking up into the girls eyes as she helped me to my feet. I stumbled a bit flustered and rendered speechless by her beauty.

She smiled at me, "I'm Maka."

"Thanks, Maka." Were the last words I gave her before brushing my dirty hands on my also dusty jeans and returning to the sewer where the others had already returned.

And now I sit repeating the name of the sweet girl, "Maka."

A/N: Thanks for reading!

Love you all so much, Angels!

⚓️~Angel