New Direction (Addams Family AU)

Okay, Maka. You'll be fine. You definitely won't embarrass yourself in front of your fiance's parents. Oh my gosh, what do I do?

I looked at my little brother, Ren, who was on the rack in our playroom. "Oh, Ren. Dinner has to go okay."

"Believe me, it will... if you let me blow up this Soul guy!" He looked at me with an enthusiastic and mischievous look in his emerald green eyes.

"Oh, Ren, ever since I met him, I wanna laugh and cry, and everything seems right and wrong at the same time, and sometimes I just wanna, rip his flesh off and eat him up until there's nothing left." He looked a bit smug when I told him the last part.

I don't have a sunny disposition
I'm not known for being too amused
My demeanor's locked in one position
See my face?
I'm enthused
Suddenly however, I've been puzzled
Bunny rabbits make me want to cry
All my inhibitions have been muzzled
And I think I know why
I'm being pulled in a new direction
But I think I like it
I think I like it
I'm being pulled in a new direction
Through my painful pursuit

A bright yellow bird landed on my hand and I began to stroke it softly.

Somehow birdies took root
All the things I detested impossibly cute
God! What do I do?
Pulled

I pulled on the bird's head a little too much, and I accidentally pulled it's head off, "Wow you've got some real issues" Ren sneered.

"Fly away little birdie!" I threw the corpse into the air.

Mother always said be kind to strangers
But she doesn't know what they destroy
I can feel the clear and present dangers
When she learns
That the boy

I walked closer to the lever for the rack.

Has got me pulled in a new direction

And pulled the lever back, Ren screamed loudly.

But I think I like it

"THAT WAS GOOD THAT WAS GOOD!"

I think I like it

"DO IT AGAIN, DO IT AGAIN!"

I'm being pulled in a new direction

He screamed deliciously as I pulled the lever to crank the rack.

And this feeling, I know, is impossible so
I'll confide that I've tried but I can't let it go
It's disgustingly true

Pulled
One scream
Pulled
Another
Pulled
And another

Puppy dogs with droopy faces
Unicorns and dancing mice
Sunrise in wide open spaces
Disney world I'll go there twice!
Butterflies at picnic lunches
Bunches of chrysanthemums
Lolipops and pillow fights and Christmas eve? SUGAR PLUMS!
String quartets and Chia pets and afternoon banana splits
Angel's watching as I sleep
And Liberaces greatest hits!

Have got me pulled in a new direction
If they keep insisting
I'll stop resisting
Just watch me pulled in a new direction
I should stay in the dark, not obey every spark
But the boy Has a bite, better far then his bark
And you bet I'll bite too
Do what's truly taboo
As I'm pulled in a new
Direction!
I cranked the lever one last time and he screamed long and loudly, it was deliciously.

We left the playroom and I headed down to the living room to try to get the family to act normal. My family is just a little insane. But I've already told my father that Soul and I were engaged. He's never kept anything from my mother, but he's promised.

6:00

The Evans arrived promptly, I got back to my room, changing to try to convince them that I was normal. I really hope they like me. They're normal people, and I haven't had many 'normaler' encounters. I walked down the stairs to find my mother talking about my cousin, Matilda, who lost her tongue. She was already embarrassing me.

"Thank you, mother." Looking toward Soul's parents. A tall man who was dressed very well, and a very dizzy looking woman with obviously dyed hair. "Hi, I'm Maka."

"What are you wearing, young lady?" My mother asked in a condescending tone.

"A dress" I answered.

"A yellow dress"

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to be normal."

"Bright colors are for people who have no inner light and no imagination." Soul's mother took off her coat, revealing an even brighter yellow dress. "Oh look, it's everywhere."

"It's a lovely dress, Maka."

She began to rhyme about the color yellow, until my father stopped her. Don't get me wrong, I love Soul, but his mother is just a bit insane.

Eventually, we were excused to tour the house, after my family had sufficiently embarrassed me, Ren by forcing his mother into paying him, Grandma by threatening his mother with death, and my Uncle by taking the wig off of his bald head when greeting his mother and terrifying her.

Oh my gosh. Tonight is going to be one crazy night.

Soul and I found ourselves in the hallway to my bedroom. "You realize they're going to freak when we tell them?"He asked as he let go of my hand.

"My father won't"

"Why?"

"Because I already told him?"

"You already told your father? The father with the sword? That we're getting married? Just like that?"

I grabbed his hand, "He's totally cool with it." I dropped his hand, turning away, "Mostly."

"I thought we were going to tell them together."

I pulled him closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I know, but we need his help, you don't know my mother, she could really screw this up for us." I pulled him into a hug, listening to his heart beat. "I just want this to work out."

"Okay, whatever makes you happy."

He pulled me into a kiss. I heard movement behind us before Ren screamed, "How about you two GET A ROOM!"

"Ren stop sneaking around like that!"

"It's my house too!"

"Excuse me while I kill my brother."

A/N: As you all know, every year I participate in my high schools musical. This year, we did the Addams Family. It was freaking AMAZING!

Anyways, now I can update more because it's over. But I do not own the rights to this musical, I merely participated in a version of it. I know that this is almost exactly from the script. But it's only because I love this musical so much.

Thanks for reading, angels!

⛵~Angel