Chapter 6: Back to the Pack

Lea's POV
Parker...

Oh god... PARKER!

Ryder looked pissed as his head stopped nuzzling into my neck as he growled viciously at Parker. He turned his back to me as Parker tried staying tall and brave, but you could literally smell his fear through the air.

I knew they were about to fight... And I knew who would win. As much as I love Parker, he will never be able to beat my mate. Damn it! I can't accept him just like that!

Cracks and pops shifted through the air as Ryder's red wolf stood at least a foot taller than Parker's wolf, with huge amounts of muscle. They stared each other down as I tried to make my legs move, but they stayed frozen against the tree.

Ryder and Parker circled each other, Parker giving me a final slow look of sadness. Tears burned my eyes even more than before as I tried screaming at my body to move and protect my friend, but it never responded.

Then it began.

Ryder was easily able to toss Parker around, but with Parker's lean size, he was able to dodge a few attacks. I watched in horror as my mate beat the crap out of my best friend as Ryder's red wolf grabbed Parker's scruff and threw him against a tree. Parker's wolf didn't move and inch, although I was able to make out small steady breaths coming from him. I felt wet hot tears brim my eyes as Ryder made another low growl, slowly walking towards Parker.

As if I was released from my frozen state, my legs instantly found their movement as I barreled towards Ryder. As Ryder was about to make the final kill, I smashed my body with all my strength into him, his wolf tumbling to the side. Even though the wind was knocked out of me, I ran over to Parker and knelt beside him, placing my hand over his slow beating heart.

"P-Parker..." I whisper as the tears finally fall into his soft fur as his eyes slowly open a little to take a glimpse at me. I choked down another sob till another inhumane growl filled the air.

Ryder's wolf was beyond pissed at me as he growled again, wanting me to move away so he could finish Parker off.

"No." I mumbled, staring down Ryder's wolf, who was in control because his eyes were now a shade of gold. He growled impossibly louder as he bared his teeth at me. I bare my teeth back at him as my wolf growls back for me, putting me in confusion.

'I won't let even my mate, harm Parker... He's our best friend.' Nova growls as I agree. Finally she had some sense in her.

Even though I bet she heard me, she releases another growl at Ryder. As if Ryder's wolf had enough, he took a large step forward, towering over me and again, growling.

"No! I won't let you kill him!" I cry as I let tears roll down my face. I hug into Parker's barely breathing wolf as I try and take back my sobs by hugging his furry neck.

"I was wrong... You are a monster." I whisper, knowing he heard me. I glanced at him as he looked as if his heart was being ripped from his chest. I didn't dare take back my words though as Ryder was finally back in control and took a small step back. He took another, then another, until he howled into the air and did a full out sprint away as several howls responded to him.

I only paid attention to Parker, though, as his breaths were getting more shallow by the second.

'Mom! Dad! I need help!' I yell through my pack link. Suddenly their voices instantly replied.

'Oh my god, Lea! Are you ok?!'

'Were you harmed?!'