Chapter 2

Maxtion, James, and Maria took William upstairs to play while I showed Daniel around our home. "Wow." Daniel whispered to himself "Where does John work now?" John is my Papa's first name and only my Mother, Daniel, Annie, and Adults are allowed call him John. "Papa doesn't work anymore." Daniel looked at me very confused "Well then how did you buy this new house?" I could tell that I had confused him majorly and I was thinking about how to explain it. "He owns a lot of places that make a ton of money. For example he owns one of the most popular bars in all of New York City so he make a fortune off of that alone. He also owns a bakery, a women"s hat shop, a shoe store, and a factory for fish."

        Daniel was still staring blankly at our ceilings and chandeliers. "So what's it like being in the army?" I asked trying to change the subject. Daniel looked at me and laughed which actually made me feel a little upset "Well I couldn't tell you cause I'm not in the army." I looked at him with a glaring eye .You know what I mean. I thought to myself " I'm in the military" he stated.
Daniel followed me into our kitchen, still looking at the ceiling above as if it was to crush him at any moment " Well I have seen your parlor and kitchen now think would be a good time to see my room." He stepped back to grab his bags " Oh right, I had almost forgotten that you're carrying those heavy things." I smiled and took Daniel upstairs to his room.

         He said he liked it but I didn't believe him for one minute. It was a small unpainted room in the outside corner of the house and it's only contents were a single bed, a wardrobe, and a bedside table. I don't know how he could have possibly been impressed by it. When I finished showing him around the 2nd and 3rd floors we went back down stairs just as Papa came through the door. " so did your tour guide remember to show you your room" Papa asked. "Of course, sir." Daniel then saluted him and stood still, that's why I always think he' in he army. "Well since it's only...5:30 and it's a special day how about we go downtown for dinner?" Apparently my brother an sisters heard papa or they were on the stairs listening to our conversation, because all at once they all came down the running down the stairs and bolted through the kitchen, into the parlor,and to the door to get their shoes and jackets then back into the kitchen all ready to go in record time.

        Laobhaoise Bauschinger, our "special" nanny for William, came down the stairs with my little brother in her hands she walked into the kitchen put him on the floor and walked away. I think I was the only one who saw it because Daniel was trying to explain his favorite childhood restaurant to Papa while my brother and sisters were trying to get out the door and call seats in the automobile. "Oh you must be talking about Barkovic's!" Papa exclaimed.

       Sylvester Fuentes-orgetaBarkovic ,and that's not even his middle name. Sully is what we call him for short and he owns the best and busiest restaurant In the area plus we get discounts because Papa and Sully have been best friends since they were little kids. Papa and sully talked the entire time we ate but I know that it's impolite to speak unless asked at dinner.