Chapter 3: The confession

Katniss ' POV

Peeta and I just stare into each others eyes while the rest of the group is talking. I really like him. But I don't think he likes me. I wake up in the morning getting ready for school when I see my phone light up. It's from Peeta. WAIT ITS FROM PEETA YESSS!!

Peeta💗😏- Hey I have to talk to you. Tell you something important. Mind meeting me behind the school at lunch?

Kat🐱- Yeah sure! Is everything okay?

Peeta💗😏- Yeah just have to tell you something. Thanks your the best💜

OMG DID PEETA JUST SEND A HEART TO ME?! It probably means nothing. In his eyes, we are just friends. But I wish we could become more.

Peeta's POV

I texted Katniss because I'm going to admit that I'm in love with her. I don't know how it will go, but I'm hoping we will walk out of lunch today hand in hand and calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend.

I'm getting my hopes up way too high. Would if she doesn't even like me and she is just lying? I hope not.

At school

The morning classes fly through and its time for lunch. I go outside and wait for Katniss. She comes over to me and says

"You wanted to tell me something?"

God she is beautiful. She is wearing a blue low cut t-shirt with short jean shorts. I get the courage to start talking and I say

" Katniss, since the first day I saw you I immediately liked you. You are the most beautiful, amazing, talented, girl anyone could meet. When you said you liked me at the sleepover, my heart skipped a beat. I am here to tell you that I'm in love with you."

She looks straight into my eyes and says

"I'm in love with you too"

A huge grin appears on my face and I get down on one knee, take her hand, and say

"Katniss Everdeen, will you be my girlfriend?"

She wishers the answer which is barely audible and says

"Yes"