Chapter One

"Let me see her! I don't care what is in there, let me see my sister!" I yelled. "Rebecca! I'm coming!" The people pushed me back, trying to calm me down, saying that everything was OK. "Lea stay out of this! Just go!" They said. But I knew what happened, I knew exactly what happened. I saw the proof right in front of me. The yellow tape, the officers scurrying all over, and the strange blue coated men standing outside in of the yellow house, with their arms folded, whispering under their breath. With tears welling up, I finally broke free from the of the two officers, thanking my spunky friend Lisa for teaching me self defense moves. I ran through the tape and right through the blue rustic door.
There were paramedics everywhere, and officers taking photos of the walls that were oddly stained of red paint, or was it paint? It didn't matter, I was focused on other things. I had to get though that crowd. Luckily nobody noticed me since everyone was busy with something. I had a throat full of bottled up tears, useless tears. I thought I knew what I was walking into, but I was wrong.
I raced up the familiar yellow stairs and, where the green wall held pictures of past memories. The smell in the air was musty, until I came to the guest room. Where the police was as thick as blood , but the blood in this room was thicker. I squeezed through the crowd, thanking my small form. Once I saw the scene, I stared at first, then my knees gave out, and I cried, I sobbed, I screamed to God, while the officers dragged me out of the horrid room. My heart was no longer in my chest, it was an ugly empty emotion that left me without a soul. I laid at the end of the yellow stairs where the officers left me, about to hurl. My whole life, my whole world, was gone. I laid there waiting for the officers to return and drag me outside. Why fight if you have nothing to fight for? I was taken out of the blue rustic door, where another surprise was waiting; Mom.