First Date

I stand in his house and try to move some stuff over to sit down on. "Max!" I yell. He doesn't answer. I walk into his room and see him on the ground. Bloodied and beaten. I scream and something grabs my foot. I kick it and discover it's Max.

"APRIL FOOLS!!!" He yells.

"It's not even April idiot."

"So?"

" I hate you so much" I joked.

He laughed and brought me into his kitchen. He brought out a recipe book and picked the 3rd one.

Pad Thai

Interesting first date pick. I gather the ingredients and measure them out. He slices up the ingredients while I make the pasta dough.

Easy.

Kind of.

I threw the pasta into boiling water and strain it after a couple of minutes. I hold onto the pan, making sure it doesn't drop.

I watch him put the ingredients on the stove as I pull out a baking book, without his knowledge.

Mango Sticky Rice

I cut the mango and throw the rice on the stove to cook. I then add the coconut and then add the mango. I combine and put into some bowls with a garnish.

That was the planned result.

The real result was I almost dropped the rice before I put anything on the stove, I nearly burned myself, and
overcooked the rice.

He pretended he didn't notice.

I completely scratch the mango sticky rice and threw some coconut into a pot with some mango. I let that boil and added some cinnamon and pancake syrup in it. I then stuck some rice in it. It was pretty good after that.

☆☆☆☆

"Okay so you dated a girl, and you didn't know she was secretly was using you to get back at her brother for making out with her old boyfriend? And then you dated a girl who was secretly taking money out of you bank account and you stayed with her? Wow, you are messed up."
I said.

"Yeah well you dated a guy who was cheated on you for like 6 months. You also dated that one guy who all he did was cheat off of you on tests?" Mad replied.

I laughed. I grab my phone and check the time, 12:00.

"Oh no, I have to go. I have a big test tomorrow for my economics class." I worried.

"Stay here and study." He replied.

"I can't. I have to go." I grabbed my book bag and said goodbye.

He didn't shout anything like they do in the books. What the heck? He doesn't even say anything. Not even goodbye. Wow, such a dirtbag.

No, I can't think like that. He wouldn't have brought me on this date. I drive home with ease and get into bed, without changing.

☆☆☆☆

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I jump up and rush to brush my teeth. I pick out a suit to wear, run to my breakfast already put together. A banana, oatmeal, and peanut butter. I walk out the door with a half-hour to spare.

I drive to my class and run in, having my book bag already in the car from last night. I smile as I see the teacher come in after me. "Early again Bridget." She stated. "I might as well give you the test now." I pretended to smile. I don't know if I'm ready. I was going to study here.

I look at the test. Oh, I learned this last month. I check down all the answers, finish the open-ended, and hand it in. "100%" Ms. Hones says. She didn't even check it.

I shrugged and sat down, waiting for class to begin. People started piling in and taking their tests while I was planning my project. I put my head down for one second and fell asleep. ONE SECOND!