Chapter III: Learning

I woke up in a bathroom of a store, with a bandage on my head. I groaned as I got up and opened the door of the stall. The room was empty, except for the girl, cleaning blood off of her knives.

Without looking over at me she said, "My name's Delilah, by the way."

"I'm Walker, where are we?"

"Kohls."

"Why are we in kohls?"

"So we would be safe from the Jinro."

"Jin-what?"

"Jinro, they're monsters that kill and eat everything that isn't one of them. My boss will explain, let's go and meet him."

We exited the bathroom and made our way to the changing rooms. The entire place was empty.

"Where is everyone? Are they dead?"

"No, shit-for-brains, the store isn't open today."

"Why?"

"So he can explain to you what's going on."

"Who?"

"My boss," she said glaring at me. I took that as a sign to shut up, or I get stabbed. After a few minutes we got to the changing rooms. She opened the door and sat there was a kid, looking like he was 10, playing on a game boy color. I looked at Delilah wondering where her boss was when she said, "I brought him."

"That's nice," he said.

"Who is this guy," I asked Delilah.

"His name is Jacob, he's my boss," Delilah said while tapping her foot impatiently.

"What?! No why this is your boss, he's like 10 years ol-" before I could finish my sentence Jacob tripped me and held me on the ground, all while playing his game boy.

"Ow, ow, ow, please stop. Ow."

"Shut it. I'm almost done with this gym leader."

"What?"

"Gym leader. It's a pokémon thing."

"Why are you playing pokémon?"

"That's not important," he said as he released me and put his game boy down, "So I hear that you need to know what's up. You're an Eternal. Delilah is also one, and so am I. Eternals represent something from done sort of mythology. For example, Delilah is the deadly sin of Wrath. We are also immortal"

"What are you?" I ask.

"I'm Apollo."

"What am I?"

"I dunno," he said, shrugging.

"Ok, then what was that thing that attacked us?"

"It was a Jinro, a Kotenro to be specific. Or as I like to call them, Fluffies."

"What happened to it?"

"I killed it," said Delilah.

"Really?" I said.

"What! Do you think that I'm weak?!" She said, grabbing some knives.

"Sorry sorry, that's not what I meant."

"So if you don't have anymore questions," said Jacob, "let's introduce you to the rest of the team."

All three of us walked to a different part of the store where four more people sat.

"These are your new family," Jacob said arms wide.