Chapter 12

Ming Lynn Pov:

The Shop Has Been So Busy That I've Barely Slept. Nia Had Been Coming In Terrorizing Me And My Customers. I'm So Ready To Drop This Bitch Down A Well.

"Come On Baby." I Said Motioning To A Little Girl Who's Hair I Had To Braid. I Washed It And Then Blow Dried It. As I Began Putting The Grease On Her Hair Nia Walked In. I Rolled My Eyes. She Walked Dead Up To Me.

"What Now?"

"I Need A Favor."

My Mouth Dropped And I Rolled My Eyes Again. "Never."

"I'm Serious."

"And So Am I."

"I Need A Job."

"Hell No!" I Stopped And Looked At The Little Girl In Front Of Me. "Excuse My Language."

"Ming Please."

"No! After All The Sh- Stuff You Been Coming In Here Saying And Blaming That Mess On Me And Trying To Embarrass Me And You Think Imma Let You Work In My Shop. No Not For You To Try To Mess Up On My Customers And Make Me Lose Them."

"I Know What I've Been Doing But My Job Just Fired Me And I Don't Want To Lose My House And Car."

"Karma." I Said As I Began To Braid The Little Girls Hair, Taking My Attention Off Nia.

Nia Walked Out And I Noticed She Got In Her Car But Went Nowhere. I Rolled My Eyes Before Telling The Little Girl To Stay Put. I Walked Outside And To Nia's Car And Tapped On The Window. She Rolled It Down.

"There's More To It, Ain't It?" I Asked.

"I Lost My Job Because Kelvin Got Sick And I Wasn't Going In So That I Could Take Of Him. I Forgot To Call In And This Has Been Almost 2 Weeks Ago. I Have No Money, I Can't Pay His Medical Bills And I Need To Pay My Car Note. My House Is Being Condemned."

"I'll Pay His Medical Bill And You Can Work In The Shop, But You Will Be Doing Clean Up And Errand Runs Until Further Notice."

"Thank You So Much."

"You Can Start Today Or Tomorrow."

I Walked Back Into The Shop With Nia Right Behind Me.

"Y'all This Is Nia, She Will Be Cleaning And Making Errand Runs. You Need Anything, Let Her Know." I Told My Staff.

I Went Right Back To The Little Girls Hair Who I Needed To Braid. When I Was Done I Gave Her A Little Mirror And Let Her Look At It.

"Oh My God Its So Pretty." She Said With A Big Grin On Her Face. "Mommy Look."

Her Mother Got Up And Came To Pay Me. "Thank You So Much."

"No Problem."

I Was At The Shop Til Closing. So Was Nia. She Was Sweeping Around The Shop.

"Nia, Dont Make Me Regret Giving You This Job. I Know We Got Mess But I'm Not As Petty As I Semmed Earlier. Because Kelvin Is Good Boy And I Like Him, I'm Going To Pay His Medical Bill For You. But Do Not Cross Me."

"Again Thank You. And I Know What I've Been Doing Was Petty And Unnecessary A d I'm So Sorry."

I Went Into My Office Filling Out Some Paperwork And Paying A Few Bills. Nia Knocked On The Door And Told Me She Was Leaving. I Packed My Stuff And Got Ready To Go. As I Walked Out Of The Shop And Locked The Door, Someone Pinned Up To It From Behind Making Me Drop My Stuff.

"Where's Your Little Boyfriend." I Heard James' Very Familiar Voice Say.

"Let Me Go." I Said.

"Shut Up!" He Said Squishing Me Up Against The Glass Door. "I Don't Appreciate You Having That Nigga Come At Me."