III

enjoy my babies <3

Kayden
2 months later

Carmen and I walked to the nail salon, sipping our bubble tea. We laughed obnoxiously about how we grew up hating each other.

"I remember that one time in 1st grade, you cut my hair and put it in your pocket." I laughed.

"I don't know what I was gonna do, but I do know it was something evil." she laughed with me. After our laughs came to an end, I frowned my face. Carmen looked at me and rose an eyebrow. "You better not be thinking about him again, Kayden Marie."

I laughed. "Okay, sorry Mama." I sipped my tea.

"I know you miss talking to him."

I looked down at my feet as we walked. She always hit the nail right on the head.

"Of course." I said quietly. "But, things happen."

She nodded in agreement. It had been 2 months and Bryson and I have not uttered a word to each other. I really do feel like the kiss was too much. But, I mean he kissed me first! Why do I feel so much guilt?

"How's Jahron been?"

I sighed.

"He's Jahron."

The fighting gotten worse to the point I had to start fighting back. Some people might call me stupid for staying but, I see potential in him. I just want to help him bring it out.

"Yikes. Well, hope all is well with that. You think you'll ever talk to Bryson again?" She asked.
~~~~~~~~
Bryson

"Aw Bryson, you brought me flowers babe? I love them." Amina hugged me tightly.

"Anything for my girl you know." I popped my collar in a joking way.

Having a girlfriend felt weird. Especially when it's not who you imagined being with. Amina is cool though. I fuck with her vibes.

Sometimes.

I occasionally think about Kayden. Her beautiful smile, her sexy brown skin. I miss her yo. But, I had Amina.

It is what it is.

"Aye uh, your mom is home right?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Let's step to my crib." I said licking my lips. She smiled.

"Can I ask you something Bryson?" She bit her lip.

"Shoot."

"Do you love me?"

My heart dropped. Love? What's that? Some type of sauce? If I had loved anybody it would be my Grandma. And, maybe even Kayden.

"Well, love is strong word. A strong feeling. My feelings for you are high but I can't say I love you. Not yet at least. I do like you a lot tho."

She frowned.

"Oh."

"Hey, don't act like that. You still my girl and all. I'll grow into loving you."

She smiled and kissed my lips.

"I'm not upset. Just in love."

I grabbed her hand and walked her to the car, helping her get in. The entire drive was us singing and laughing to music. Our vibe together was great. But nothing like me and Kayden.

Damn. Why can't I stop thinking about Kayden Marie. It was messing with my head. I had to let go.
~~~~~~~~~~
Kayden

"Carmen, this a bad idea. Like why are we doing this?" I panicked.