IV

enjoy my babies <3

Bryson
1 week later

I tapped my foot waiting outside Kayden's front door with a bouquet of roses. She loved roses so maybe this would make her feel better.

The door swung open, her younger brother Demari standing in the door frame.

"Flowers for me? You too kind." He said in a girly voice. I kissed my teeth, walking inside. "I'm messing with you. Wassup Tiller boy."

"Yo yo, what's good my man." I dapped him up, taking my hat off and sitting on their couch.

"Not much. Football been killing me but i'm pushing. Why you here tho? You ain't been here in about 3 months." He said sitting on the other side of the room in the recliner.

I sighed. I didn't want to explain I basically cussed his older sister out and I'm here to apologize for it. He'd flip.

I fuck with how they love each other. They'll go to war for one another.

"Its complicated, Mari. You're young so, you wouldn't understand."

He kissed his teeth and waved me off.

"Im only 2 years younger than y'all. Y'all stay talking like y'all some old ass elders."

The stairs began to creek, Kayden and Demari's dad walking down. He was never too fond of me but, that didn't stop me from respecting him.

"Uh, how you doing Mr. Thompson." I cleared my throat.

"Bryson." he simply spoke before walking to the basement. I sighed and shook my head. This man will never fuck with me.

"Don't mind pops. He a grumpy old man." Demari whispered, punching my arm playfully.

I laughed.

"Aye uh, your sister home?" I asked tapping my foot.

"Is she home? She done been here all week. She hasn't even enjoyed the football games or started looking for her homecoming dress. Something up with her, I swear." He shook his head.

I felt guilty. Guilty as fuck.

She was really upset over this entire situation.

"Go talk to her man."

I sighed and got up, walking up the stairs to her bedroom door. I hesitated at first but quickly knocked.

"It's open" I heard a muffled voice speak.

I walked in and seen her laying on her bed, covering her entire body with her blanket. She faced the wall, not realizing It was me in her room.

"Dad, I told you i'm fine. Demari, I just need my space." She muffled.

"Kayden Marie."

She jumped up and shrieked. Her hair was all over her head, tears stains on her face. She was sporting her favorite oversized Star Wars shirt.

"What the heck are you doing in my bedroom?" She yelled. I hushed her, afraid her dad would think something else was going down.

"Kayden, Im here to talk about something."

"Who's the flowers for? Amina?" She scoffed.

"No, they're yours."

"I'll burn them." She rolled her eyes and crawled back into her bed, resuming her sulk party.

"Look Marie, hear me out."

"No. Now isn't a good time." She spoke mocking what I said when she tried to talk the first time.

"Come on. Listen to me."

She stayed quiet for a little but then sighed.

"You have 3 minutes."

I told her everything. I let every feeling I had for her be known. "So, Jahron was the cause of all this?" She asked. I nodded, her head shaking. "I can't believe this. But you can leave now." She said pointing to the door.

"Kayden, come on, cut me some slack." I kissed my teeth. She was really upset. I didn't even know what to say anymore.

"It still doesn't make anything better. You cussed me out in that hallway, ignored the heck out of me and then slept with my enemy. Bryson, that's not okay." She sat up on her bed.

"Kayden. I love you." Her eyes widened at the 3 words I know she so desperately wanted to hear.

She got up, walking to me. She then hit me in my chest repeatedly with her fists. "Woah, chill out!" I slightly yelled.

"You hurt me Bryson and I still forgave you because I love you. Damn you Bryson." She croaked out still hitting me, her hits getting softer and slower with each word. She then broke down in my arms, me wrapping them around her.

"I'm sorry Kayden. I really am."

She continued to cry.

"I love you Bryson but dang it, you get on my nerves." She cried and laughed at the same time.

"Does this mean we cool?" I asked looking down at her.

She looked up and laughed.

"You Bryson Tiller, are one good persuader."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~