Chapter 7

7:00!

Finally! I haven't slept a wink all night. My mind kept replaying all that happened last night. Who was fighting last night? What was that loud noise? Who screamed last night? Most importantly what the hell happened last night? I trudged into the bathroom with my towel over my shoulder, heading for a quick shower. After finishing, I came out and slipped on a plain white t-shirt, black jeans, a brown belt and black sneakers. I headed to the kitchen and saw dad having his morning tea.

"Morning Lauren, are you feeling better?"

I ran home last night as white as ghost. Surprisingly, dad was downstairs watching telly and saw me walk in. I couldn't tell dad about what I saw, so I simply said I had a bad tummy ache.

"Erm… yeah, I feel much better. Anyways, I'm heading out for school."

"Wait Lauren, are you not going to have some breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry. Bye dad." I screamed from the door.

I walked to school walking past the town clock. I pulled my phone checking any messages when I heard a loud commotion in the town square. What the hell is happening down there? I ran to the crowd pushing past everyone, only to stop in my tracks. OMG! Right in front of me is a crime scene with yellow tape around. Behind me was the BBC news reporter, no doubt trying to get a scoop. I watched as the paramedics carried the dead body wrapped in a black bag away.

15 Minutes Later

I walked into form room trying to wrap my head around what I just saw. It makes sense doesn’t it? Yesterday night I heard a gun fire and today there’s a crime scene. But why do I feel like there’s more to it?

"Earth to Lauren" I turned to see my best friend waving her hands frantically at me.

"Hey, what’s up Jess?"

"Did you see what happened in the town square? There’s police everywhere blocking the roads and a massive crime scene."

"Yeah I saw, there were even T.V reporters"

"What do you think-"

"Alright class settle down" Miss Lavelle walked into the class cutting Jess's words. She sat behind the desk whilst pulling out the register. I sat down in my seat pondering over everything that had just happened when something catches my ear.

"...............police will be there to talk to you"

Oh crap. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE AND COMMENT