Chapter 1

I stood outside the gates of my new school, watching as the entire student body pour in. All the girls screamed and squealed, excited to see each other again after the summer holidays. The boys bumped fists and chatted about their summer and all that other guy stuff. They were all excited to be back in school.

I was brought out of my thoughts by an annoying, nasally sounding voice. “Move out of my way LOSER!”

I rolled my eyes. First day back and I already have to put up with her. “What do you want Courtney?”

“Oh ...nothing.” She smirked at me evilly.

I turned around and headed into the school gates, not wanting to put up with that bitch any longer.

“Although ... I was wondering where you got that top from?” She spoke before I could move.

“Really?” this had to be some sort of joke. She was never nice to me. Or ... maybe she’s changed and is trying to be nice.

“Yeah. I just saw something like that at the charity shop.”

I should have known that all of this would end soon. I stared at her and her bitches who thought they were soooo funny. They turned away and walked into the school gates, flipping the bird at me as they went. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. I counted silently in my head as this was my best attempt of calming myself down. Just ignore everything that bitch says.

That’s Courtney: the school slut. She loves putting people down and making them feel worthless. She feels as if she’s better than all of us and uses her beauty as her advantage. But I don’t get why she picks on me so much. It’s not like I’m any different than any of the others. Urgh! She’s such a cow.

I was brought – more like banged – out of my thoughts by the hard object that just collided against my back.The offending object landed at my feet- a football. I just looked at it. How can a football hurt so much?

“Sorry.” A voice from behind me said. I twirled around angrily, ready to confront the prick, only to meet a pair of grey eyes looking concerned. The guy had brown, sandy coloured hair, chiselled features and an athletic build, matched with an apologetic smile. “My ball, sorry are you alright?”

I couldn’t bring myself to say anything, so I just nodded.

“Well ...” He looked at me and then behind him. “I gotta go. See you round.” He just flashed a smile at me and ran off with the other guys.

I stood there, not sure of what to do. My thoughts were all scrambled but all orbited that boy.

I was brought out of my daze by the annoyed grunts I was receiving from the other students since I was just standing there and blocking the way.

I wandered into class, thinking of that guy.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to COMMENT or VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!