Chapter 10 ~ A Side Of You

Taylor’s POV:

I wasn’t in anyway going to press for a divorce, I was simply testing the hotness of the boiling water, and I wasn’t going to dare step in. I knew pushing buttons would get a reaction, I just wanted to know how much Harry still loved me, I don’t know why I was childish and had to keep testing, and pushing. I saw the look in Darcy’s eyes as I pressed the details on to her. She was shocked, horrified and scared. I knew she didn’t need the pressure, her life was falling simply to pieces without the details of her Dad’s and our problems. But I wanted her to feel for me ache for me, care for me. She might have done all those things without me knowing, but the side of her never really showed out right. She was closed in, and she sheltered her self from those who loved her. We didn’t act as we did, the proof was in Darcy’s life, the time that followed after her breakup with Bert.  Harry and I were on the same page, letting her mend over, we in no way were going to insist her going back to the High School, even though Bert and his Mum, which was Darcy’s social worker when she was a baby moved away. Both Bec and Justin stayed in High School to the end, we gave Darcy the option to go to Uni, or another form of studying, but she took none of it, taking shelter in her room and lashing out to anyone who suggested a change, fresh air or anything else. It was a hard time, when she turned 18 she and Becca went for a night out. Who knows why we or why Darcy saw Becca still, she played a part in the breakup and even the put together of Darcy and Bert. Anyway on Darcy’s eighteenth she went out with Bec’s friends, and she discovered alcohol, wine, red soothing liquid. She drank frequently once a week with Bec and her friends at the pubs, the disco. A scene Harry and I didn’t really like but allowed. When we thought it was too much, the bombed dropped and caused chaos Darcy was twenty, twenty one, and she moved away, finding her self a job. Was she trying to prove she had her life under control? Well it was clear she didn’t, she rented with ease, and got a job quite quick. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with us, maybe because we had our days in the limelight they forced her through the hoops. I knew though Darcy was a very confident young lady, and would have become something, I don’t know what though, if she followed a career and study path way. Anyway we knew the reason why she moved was so she could drink when she wanted, and how much she wanted, she took her drinking away from the pub and into the comfort of her own home, she would drink wine, and cry on the windowsill by the moonlight. It pulled my heart strings, because Darcy and I weren’t close enough, we couldn’t have the mother daughter chat some of us can have, I couldn’t talk her through options or suggest a different route. She was offered a job in a café, when a girl a manager come in and told her she had excellent skills with customers, it seemed the only way Darcy would change is if someone forced the change down her throat. Harry and I didn’t believe in doing that, we clung to what we had with Darcy, and fretted over what we didn’t.

I heard Darcy’s door shut and heard Justin and her talking, I made my way downstairs.

Harry looked at me, he wasn’t the Harry I use to know, the young Harry, the happy Harry. He looked me over “Want to cause more trouble?” he asks.

“I’ve done enough,” I tell him.

“To right” He nods. I know he doesn’t believe I’d be game enough to slap down a yellow divorce file in front of him, and maybe he’s right, maybe I’m the little girl I was when I was six or seven, singing dancing, thinking nothing about life was serious just a daydream.

He holds my eyes level with his.

“Are you alright?” he asks.

“No” I tell him annoyed “I’m frustrated and unsure”

He looks at me a sparkle in his eyes, the same sparkle I use to see, or maybe it never went away. Maybe I refused to let it sink in.

“You know your not a child anymore Taylor” he tells me.