Chapter 4

The rest of that lesson went pretty quickly. We got to pair up with whoever we wanted the other lesson but as much as I wanted to leap into Cody's arms and let him sweep me away I couldn't. I was going to then Lisa jumped in and said some bull shit about how he owed her a dance? I went with Katy which there was nothing wrong, I could see Cody shooting looks at me from across the room to as if to say 'sorry' but at the same time he seeme hurt about something and angry? It seemed like it but I was probably just kidding myself. 

That night I got home and made my best effort to keep the house clean and tiday for my 'special' guests. It sounded really pathetic but I lay the tabel. Who in hell lays a table for chinese? I was over thinking this way too much. It was all for Cody in the end. What if he didn't even like me like that? What if he judged me for not having my parents around or living in a flat! What if he didn't like my bedroom? Why would he be in my room though? What if he didn't like the plates? Just as I was about to pass border line crazy the doorbell rang. 'Harris time for you to leave like now?!' As he came from his room I threw him his jacket. I hopped over to the door 'Hey guys, come in' I smiled. Harris walked past them all just as they were walking in. He gazed at Mila out of lust and she turned bright red because of this, him and Matty just gave eachother that friendly guy knod that is like guy code or something but when he got to Cody its was unusal. Harris gave him a knod but Cody just glared at him emotionless and blankless. 

'So here are the menus, just pick what you want' I directed to the menus on the coffee table of different Chinese's. Matty and Mila went straight over to them but Cody was going more slowely, as if he was judging the place. I couldn't tell anything from his expression so before I had any longer to wait I just blurted out 'Everything fine?' I smiled at him, 'Yeah, great' he said and walked away. It came across with a hint of sarcasam and like he was pissed off at me! What did I do? I threw myself back on the couch trying to think back what could have happened from that gym lesson today till now, I couldn't think.  Mila threw the last brouchure on the table, 'Have you all decided yet?'  an echo of three 'yes' filled the room,  we took it in turns to dial the take away we wanted. We started talking yet some how Cody was still distant from us, well me in particular. 'Do any of you guys want a can of coke?' 'Yeah thanks' Matty and Mila said 'fine' Cody said, his voice was stone cold. What was his problem? I went to the fridge and dug out four cans, i handed Mila and Matty theirs and threw Cody his. If he can be cold so can I. There was a knock at the door, It was Mattys Chinese first, then mine, Codys and lastly Milas. We all sat at the table and dug in. There was an awkward silence as we ate, you know it only takes four seconds for a situation to become awkward. It felt a hell of a lot more quicker than that. Matty broke the silence 'sooo, how was everyones day?' 

'Shit' Mila sighed and started to eat again

'It was going good' I murmered

'Amazing, I got myself a date' Cody beamed. 

WHAT? WHO? WHEN? Before I knew it i was choking on my chinese. I quickly downed some coke. I could see by Mila and Mattys expression they were shoked too?

'Aw nice mate, who with?' 

'This girl, she's amazing, lovely, honest, beautiful, funny charming' he listed, I swear he was just rubbing it in

'Whats her name?' Mila looked at him confusingly

'Lisa Tinners' He beamed.