Chapter 1: Why?

I woke up, screaming and thrashing around in my bed, the evil pictures of the demon of a man, constantly flashing through my mind. My hair were all over the place and I was covered in perspiration from head to toe. I got up from my bed, and rushed out of the room, down the stairs to get a glass of water. My heart was beating furiously in my chest and my whole body was shaking, but I didn't let myself cry. After all what I've been through, I learned that crying would bring no solutions to my 'ever' so complicated problems.

Going back to my room and getting under my comforters was probably harder than fighting a dragon in a dark dense forest. My legs were shivering so bad that I collapsed on the middle of the staircase. After what seemed like an eternity, I reached my room and climbed into bed with much difficulty. It took me at least forty minutes to stop hiccoughing from fear and go back to slumber.

Next morning, my alram went off at 7:30 and I got off my bed for the start of another agonizing day.Getting into the shower, I thought back to the time when Mom and Dad were alive. I missed their presence in the house and the way I felt secure whenever I was with them. Now, I was just a broken girl with a hell of a life. 

I spent my first thirteen years of life with my lively and cheerful parents, but then, life happened. My Mom and Dad died in a boat accident, leaving me alone in this world, with only the support of my one and only best friend, Charity. Now, I am 16, and I am still trying to adjust with this mess. Let's just say, two years ago some things happened that shouldn't have happened, and well, my life became even harder to handle.

I got out of the shower, threw on a red sweater and some blue jeans, blow dried my hair, applied some mascara and lip gloss, and I was ready to go.

I rushed to Noah's room, only to find him standing on the edge of his bed, with his milk bottle in his mouth.

'Eughhh. NOOO! Noyee, take that out of your mouth. I gave that to you last night. Who knows what germs got in it today.' I crinkled my nose and snatched the bottle out of his hand. Instantly, he started throwing a tantrum and I had to ruffle his hair and tickle his sides to make him laugh. After the drama was over, I walked him downstairs, got him some fresh milk, changed his diaper, and strapped him in the pram. Before leaving, I got two apples, an iced tea and a bowl of kid food and putting them all in the pram's basket, I locked the house and ran towards Noah's daycare. Let me tell you, running with a pram in tow is a hell of a difficult job. 

Mrs. Smith, the receptionist, smiled at me when she saw me enter the building, reminding me of my own gentle and polite mother, making my heart clench. 

'Hey Mrs. Smith. So, here is Noah, and here is an apple and his kid food for the day. Please take care of him and oh yes, I completely forgot to tell you how much I love you for doing this. I appreciate it a lot. I mean, you have a daycare and it is your job but still, you don't know what I would've done without your daycare in the premises, and your baby is going to be a very lucky child to have such an amazing mother (Just so you know, Mrs Smith is expecting a baby). Okay, so I'll pick this rascal up at 4 sharp.' I kept rambling on and on without stopping, until I heard Mrs. Smith chuckle and come forward to hug me. 

'Oh sweetheart, thank you so much. You are one beautiful young lady with so much potential. Now, get going before you get late from school.' She smiled at me, and hugging her back, I rushed out of the daycare.

When I reached school, it was past 8 15 and I was sure Mr. Brown would insult me right in front of the whole class for being late. Charity was waiting for me at my locker and seeing her there was not a surprise. 

'Miss CHARITY ANNABELLE SNOW. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME? Why, in the love of God, do you wait for me everyday before going to class? I mean, sure I am your best friend but do you love getting insulted by MR OH-SO-VICIOUS Brown?' I waggled my eyebrows at her and she burst out laughing.

'Oh...my...god...Grace...you are...so adorable...when you...ramble like that.' She kept on laughing until tears started running down her face, and soon I joined her. We were laughing on a stupid thing, in fact it wasn't even a thing, but that's how we are best friends. We bring the best out of each other. (That 'best' can also be described as 'crazy'.) 

Containing our laughter, we ran to our class, ready to be humiliated in front of 24 students. 

'Oh well hello ladies. I am glad you could make it.' Mr Brown's booming voice was dripping with sarcasm.

'Oh we are so sorry Mr. Brown. It wouldn't happen next time.' Charity made a puppy dog face, which got us some snorts from the class. Some guys even dared to hoot and laugh.

'I am only letting you go this time, Miss Snow and Miss Scott, because we have a special guest in our class today. He would be enlightening us with his experience in the business world.' As my eyes roamed the classroom, they came and sat on an extremely good-looking, hot-ass guy. He had tho-WAIT WHAT? WHAT THE HELL? WHAT THE FREAKIN' HELL? YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME? This can't be happening. Oh, this is bad, this is SO bad. I am dead. The guy right in front of me is the one and only,

NICK MARTIN. Nick Martin, who ruined me and my life.