Chapter 3: Kidnapped or lost?

'So, what you're saying is that the HOTTEST NERD ever saved you from Nick Martin?' Charity exclaimed.

Currently, we were sitting outside our school, under a tree. I had explained the whole drama of first period to Charity, and now she was freaking out on the fact that the hottest nerd had saved me.

'Charity, please. Calm DOWN. It wasn't that big of a deal. Nick has done worse to me. Moriah just saw him kissing the life out of me, and punched him square on the jaw.' I rolled my eyes at my best friend.

'EXCUSE ME? Just because you don't talk to guys does not mean that you deny the fact that Moriah was your hero today.' Charity flicked my nose with her index finger and thumb, her eyes narrowed at me.

'WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? HE WAS NO HERO. JUST A GUY WHO TURNED VIOLENT BECAUSE SOME OTHER GUY WAS KISSING ME.' I shouted at her.

'Oh.' Charity sighed, and looked down to my hands. Taking my hands in hers, she met my eyes and said:

'Listen, Grace. Not all the guys are the same as Nick. Nick is a heartless, two faced bastard, who clearly does not understand how to treat girls, but every guy is different in their own ways. Isn't Noah a guy? Wasn't your Dad a guy? One day, you will fall in love with some guy, and then the walls that you've built around yourself will be troublesome for you. You can't stay single your whole life.' 

By the time Charity finished, tears were pouring down my face. She embraced me and I cried in her arms. Somebody cleared their throat behind me and i turned around to come face to face with Moriah.

'Hey Grace. Charity.' He nodded his head towards me and then Charity, then turned back towards me, his face turning from a pleasant expression to a confused one.

'Grace, were you crying?' His voice was full of worry, which made my heart skip a beat.

'NO.' I exclaimed.

'Yes, she was, She missed her parents.' Charity butted in. 

'Oh, listen Grace. Your parents are there with you, always. Your mother is your guardian angel, and you see that dove in the sky? That's your Dad. He is looking after you, and so is your Mom. So, don't cry, because they wouldn't like it.' His comforting words lit up a smile on my face. I mouthed him a thank you for his comfort, and he smiled back at me. He bent down to my level and ruffled my hair. 

'Hey Charity. I was hoping to get a word with you in private. You mind?' He got up and looked at Charity.

'Um sure, I guess.' Chairty looked at me, and I nodded approval.

'Grace, I am sorry but this is kind of private. I mean, I know she is your best friend, and she'll tell you as soon as she comes back, but I am not the one who should tell in front of you.' He explained.

'Of course. I don't mind at all.' I smiled.

'Thanks. Bye. See ya.' He said, and led Charity out of the shade of the tree. 

Fifteen minutes later, Charity came back, her eyes wide, and a blush creeping up on her face. 

'Mind telling me what that was about?' I perched up my eyebrows.

'That really hot Cody guy likes me. I mean, the one I had a crush on since freshman year.' Charity cried out. My mouth opened wide in surprise. Moriah's best friend and Charity's old crush liked her. This was amazing.

'Thats awesome, Char. What are you waiting for? Go, ask him to go out with you.' I shouted in excitement.

'SHUT UP. EVERYONE'S LISTENING.' She glared at me. 'Yeah, I am going to do that. Moriah asked me and you to hang out with them tonight, so I can ask Cody.' 

'WHAT? I am not going with you. I am sorry.' My eyes had widened in surprise. 

'Okay, don't, but don't expect me to help you out next time you need me.' She said, and turned around to go away.  I felt bad now. She had always been there for me and when she needed me, i had backed off. What kind of best friend was I? Just because I was scared of guys I couldn't back off from my best friend's side.

'Wait. I'll go with you. I am sorry. You know how scared I am of guys. It was just a big shock that I had to hang out with two guys.' I called her.

She turned around and ran to me, taking me into her arms. 

'Thank You. I can't have a better friend than you.' She murmured in my hair. 'Hey, you can bring Noah with you!' She said, enthusiatically, breaking off the hug.

'Yeah. Thats great.' I smiled, and checking the time, I grabbed Charity's hand and rushed out off the school, to Noah's daycare.

'Hey Mrs. Smith. How was Noyee today?' I asked, when I reached the reception desk.

'He slept most of the time. When he woke up, I gave him the food you brought.' She smiled at me. 'Let me go get him.'

'Okay.' 

'Oh my goodness. Grace, Charity. Please COME HERE.!' We heard Mrs. Smith shout from an inner room, and we both ran inside. Mrs. Smith was standing in the doorway, her mouth wide open, and her eyes glistening with tears.

'Noah isn't here.' Her voice was barely audible.