LOCKED AWAY

Alexis up top! Played by Emily Browning...

The hot ceramic of my coffee cup burns my skin but I couldn't care less, my mind is too busy replaying the events of yesterday to feel the dull ache. The knuckles of my right hand are stiff and slightly bruised from punching Stacey square in the nose last night.

Every ounce of pain is completely and utterly worth it... The ridiculous amount of foundation smeared on her face softened the blow to my hand anyways.

The end of my braid tickles the bottom of my spine where my shirt has risen up from me hunching forward on the window sill.

In the garden below me is Jay flirting with some random she-wolf with long blonde hair and augmented breasts. She giggles as he reaches forward to tuck a bundle of her golden locks behind her flushed ears. Jay calls this move 'The Jay' named after himself of course.

The emotion and warmth floods from her face as her features become stoic and her eyes glaze over.

Seconds later the blush rushes back to her cheeks and the cloud clears from her eyes. "Edward has called an urgent pack meeting." Her soft voice wavers with worry and dread.

The tone in her voice is a warning. A foreshadowing.

I place the still steaming cup of coffee to my side and jump out of the window.

I can see wolves of all shapes and sizes briskly walking towards the centre of the grounds where a slightly raised podium marks the spot.

Everyone is humming with intrigue and apprehension of what is yet to come. A woman to my right believes that Edward has busted a Rogue ring that infiltrated the camp whilst the man to my left is certain that the whole Rogue situation is a conspiracy.

The buzz suddenly ceases as heavy footsteps are heard. All eyes are on a brooding Edward as he takes centre stage.

My gut clenches and turns as I notice a wannabe barbie doll behind him with a soft bruise across her nose and eyes. A sick smirk forms across her lips as her eyes lock with mine in the crowd.

"It has come to my attention that one of my pack members was physically and verbally assaulted last night by one of our guests" Edward's voice sends the crowd into a frenzy of speculation.

"This is a punishable offence. I do not take violence in my pack lightly and the culprit will face the consequences of laying a hand on one of my pack members especially when they are an outsider. I am a fair man so I will give the offender a choice between a week at the stake with scarce food and water or 50 lashes." Horrified gasps wrack the crowd and my heart falls to my feet.

He has chosen Stacey Lions over me... again.

"India Hunter" His words confirm the situation.

A chorus of growls erupt from the crowd. Kale, Nico, Alexia, Carter and Jay.

"Are you kidding Me!? The bitch is a werewolf how did one punch cause her so much pain that she had to go crying to you about it!?" Alexia cries with rage.

"And you have the audacity to call yourself a fair man! Will you be condemned for attacking Kale twice?" Carter growls.

"Or are you just to high and mighty to receive the same punishments as us?" Jay quips.

The crowd mumbles. Divided. Majority want to see me writhe in pain as the whip chews at the flesh of back whilst some rebel and agree with my friends.

"You are only punishing her for your own sick reasons! You believe she is your property and threw a tantrum when someone else touched her! If you are going to punish anyone let it be me!" Kale steps forward and the crowd clears for him.