Chapter Six

Christian POV

I woke up the next morning with a sense of utter dread. I hope nothing else will happen to make things worse.

I went to the bathroom down the hall and got ready for the day. My mind was on full speed. So far, the council's plan was going, well according to plan. My mother was gone for a while so I would have to stay here to train her I guess. I mean, I don't mind. More time with Crystal? That's not so bad, is it? Well it won't be as long as she isn't mad at me. I went back to my room looking for something to wear. Hmm, well it's not like we'll end up going to school so why not wear whatever?

I chose a plain white t-shirt ( A/n Hehe anybody get my joke here?) and a pair of dark colored jeans. Then I headed downstairs to see if anyone was up. I never check a clock when I wake up and I never wake up at the same time, so I was pretty unpredictable.
6:00 AM

It was about time for Crystal to be getting ready for school. Her mom had already left by now.

I walked in to the kitchen. I was surprised when I saw Crystal was there. I didn't think she would be down here yet.

"Morning Crystal." I wanted to seem as normal as possible. Especially at this moment.

"Mooorning Chris." She yawned in the middle of the statement. "I just came down here to make some cereal before Troy got up."

I smiled at that. Troy loved pranks. He always got her when she was half awake. "Oh alright. Want me to wake up the little monster?"

She looked happy at that question. "Would you really? I dread waking him up."

I laughed at her. "I know you do, who doesn't?" There was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Crystal jumped to the door.

"Okay, I'll be back." I exited the room and went back upstairs. I didn't see who was at the door, but I hope that it was the mail man. I didn't want to have to change the plans in any way.

I approached Troy's room and slowly opened the door. I walked in to see he wasn't in bed. I turned on the light and looked around. I heard a floor board creak and spun around. Something jumped on me laughing maniacally.

"HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!" Troy wouldnt stop laughing as he clung to my arm.

"Well good morning to you too little devil." I pried my arm from his grasp.

"I don't wanna go to school today Christian." The little boy pouted from his bed.

"Well why not? I thought you liked school."

"I have a alphabet test today. I don't want to do it."

I walked over and scooped him up. "It's okay Troy, you're smart I know you'll pass." I smiled at him.

He jumped up, out of my arms. "Okay, if you say so." He smiled and ran out of the room. I followed him down the hall and to the stairs. I watched as he jumped down two stairs at a time.

He was such a cute kid. I felt really bad about taking his sister away and changing her forever. It was my only option though, bring someone to our side or they kill me. Although my conscience may kill me first.

Troy and I walked into the kitchen to find Crystal and Nathan at the table chatting. So he was at the door. God that means he is probably going to walk with us to school. Not only am I taking Crystal to our side, but him too. I was feeling more guilty than ever. I never thought this would even happen.

"Good morning Troy. How did you sleep?" Crystal pulled Troy on to her lap while I went over to the cupboards to make him some cereal.

"So, is Nathan walking to school with us?" I really hoped he wasn't, but he was already here wasn't he?

"Yeah, I am. Got a problem with that?" Nathan cut in before Crystal could answer.

Great, just great. Another one coming. Oh well, nothing I can do now.

"No, no not at all Nathan. There's no problem here." I hoped I hadn't sounded too nervous. I avoided all focus with them as the time neared to leave for school. I wonder if they'll be angry? Or will they enjoy it? Will they hate me? Will Crystal hate me? What if she never talks to me ever again? I was really starting to get nervous now.

Crystal's POV

I answered the door to find a bright, cheery Nathan out front.

"Goooood Morning Crystal." He smiled at me.

"Oh, um hi Nathan. What brings you over?" I thought it was a bit odd that he decided to pop up all of a sudden.

"Oh well, you know, what with all the recent events, I thought I might walk you to school?" He looked at me, a bit nervous.

"Oh, sure Nathan. Come inside? We still have a little while before we have to leave." I lead him into my kitchen.

"Want anything for breakfast?" I didn't want to seem impolite but I don't know, this all just seems off to me.

"Nah, I already ate. I am good thanks though."

Then, I remembered something. Or rather someone. "Oh, by the way, Christian us here. He'll be walking with us to school. That's alright isn't it?"

He simply shrugged. "Eh, doesn't really matter."

Just then Christian and Troy came waltzing in.

"Good morning Troy. How did you sleep?" I pulled him on to my lap, wrapping my arms around him.

Christian walked over to the cupboards, pulling out some cereal most likely for Troy.

So, is Nathan walking to school with us?" Christian asked sounding hopeful for a no.

"Yeah, I am. Got a problem with that?" Nathan cut in before I could answer.

"No, no not all Nathan," Christian replied quickly. He kind of stayed quiet after that.

After a while of chatting and breakfast we set off for school.

A/N: Oooh what do you guys think Christian was talking about? Do you think it will happen to Troy? How bad could it possibly be?