Five

Cody and I had managed to get backstage. We were walking along a hallway looking for Lights. Things were going on all around us. People were rushing down the hallways nobody paid attention to us. Cody was nervous beside me and I was too but I didn’t show it like him. We had walked along the halls and I was starting to think we were never going to find Lights.

Cody was getting antsier the longer we stayed backstage. “Cody that’s her!” I whispered to him. He nodded and I pulled him towards her.

“Hi,” I said to her.

She looked confused for a second. “Hey.”

“Could I have a picture with you?” I asked.

“Sure thing.” I handed Cody my phone and stood next to her. Cody snapped the picture and I took my phone back.

“Thank you. Wow I am a huge fan and you did great tonight.” I said.

“Thank you.” Cody began taking small steps backwards. I grabbed his arm forcing him to stand still.

“Ivy.” He hissed in my ear. I followed his gaze and saw what he was so nervous about. A big muscular man wearing all black was walking towards us quickly. He was talking into his mic and I think I heard him say, “Found them,”

The man started to run towards us. “You did great! I’m a huge fan! Keep doing what you’re doing!” I yelled over my shoulder at Lights as Cody dragged me down the hall. I grabbed his hand and we ran, with the guard behind us.

“I told you this would happen!” Cody said as we quickened our pace. I didn’t answer him I just ran faster. We were back in front of the stage and Alli and Austin were right where we left them. They looked at us running and looked startled.

“RUN!” I yelled at them. They started running in front of us. I was able to keep up with Cody but I stumbled on something on the ground, I was falling towards the ground quickly. A strong hand held onto me and pulled me back up to my feet. Cody had pulled me up. I would have to thank him later.

The guard started to gain on us; my little stumble caused us to slow down. I was being separated from Cody; his hand was slipping out of mine. In a swift move Cody tugged me back towards him and intertwined our fingers. We ran from the venue and didn’t stop until we were blocks away.

I put my hands on my knees and gasped for air. I began laughing and everyone else joined in.

“What…the…hell…was…that?” Alli said between laughs. I caught by breath and began telling the story. I showed them the picture and we laughed harder. Anything that might have turned out awkward between Cody and I had disappeared as we were running.

“Oh my god!” Austin said.

I laughed some more. “It was so worth it.” I said.

“I’m hungry.” Cody said.

“Me too.” I said. We were close to the café/restaurant that Cody and I went to the first time we hung out so we walked there. The waiter that had hit on me the first time we were here was here again. He recognized me and he smiled.

The four of us walked to a table in the back and sat down. We talked about anything that we felt like, nothing overly important. I told them about The Aunts and my life back home, which was a rather short story, and Cody and Alli talked about Australia, and Austin told us about what his life was like before becoming famous.

Alli and I went to the bathroom. Alli was in the bathroom stall and I was standing at the sink looking into the mirror. I fixed my hair and brushed it through with my fingers.