Chapter 8: Blind Double

I woke up around noon the next morning. It was a Wednesday so I didn't have any plans except studying. I got up and made myself a small bowl of cereal then after I finished I returned to my bed to lay down. I grabbed my laptop and my school binders and began my work. As I finished it was nearing 3 so I got up and got ready. I threw on a flowy tank top and some high waisted shorts. I left my hair down then put on some strappy sandals. I grabbed my brown bag then headed out to my car. I started the car and headed towards the yogurt shop. When I arrived it was about 3:50.

I walked in only to be greeted by the same girl I saw yesterday. "Hi Amanda! I'm Julie, we spoke on the phone!"

"Oh right! How are you?"

"I'm good thank you."

"You're welcome." I replied back shaking her hand.

"So go back to the back room and get changed into these," she said handing me a uniform, "then we will began your training."

"Okay sweet." I said grabbing the clothes. I headed back and got changed then walked back out to where Julie was.

"Follow me." She said bringing me threw a door to behind the counter. "This is where we refill all the yogurts that we serve." She said pointing out all the equipment. She walked over to behind the topping counter saying, "This is where we have all the toppings and back in the back behind all that crazy equipment is where we keep all the things too refill the toppings when it runs low." She then proceeded to the cash register, "Do you have any experience with using a register?"

"Actually yes! Last year I worked in a super market as a worker at the register so I have loads of experience."

"Perfect!"

We began our work and it was actually really fun. I enjoyed being in a different environment with different people. Julie was also very helpful. A few days had passed and Julie and I were becoming very close. We were practically best friends.

As we were cleaning up the store one day I said, "Julie! How would you feel about going on like a double date with my friend and I? It would be like a blind date for you though."

"I don't know, Amanda. Is the person nice?"

"Yeah. Extremely nice. His name is Dylan. Dylan O'Brien. Total sweetheart." I said not exactly telling the whole truth.

"Alright alright fine. When and where?"

"I'm not exactly sure yet. I'll text you later tonight or sometime tomorrow!"

"You better not be setting me up with a freak."

"I promise I'm not."

We both finished cleaning then locked up the store. As I was driving home I thought to myself, what if Dylan said no? BUT WHAT IF DYLAN FELL FOR HER? WHAT IF DANIEL FELL FOR HER? WHAT IF THEY BOTH DID? WHAT IF THEY HATED HER? I didn't know what was gonna happen. As I pulled into my driveway and walked in to my apartment, I grabbed my phone and called Daniel.

"Hey babe." He said answering the phone.

'Babe.' I liked that. "Hey you." I smiled. "So listen. I have a friend and I wanted to set her up with Dylan. So I was thinking double date? So she'd at least have me if she needed someone there."

"Yeah sounds good with me. I'll call Dylan and call you right back." He said hanging up the phone.

Within five minutes I received a phone call, "Dylan said he was cool with it."

"Great so I was thinking, Tony's? Maybe around 8 this Friday?"

"Sounds perfect. I'll let Dylan know."

"Okay." I said.

"I miss you, babe."

"Aw Daniel it's only been a day."

"I know but I just like to see you."

"Well how about tomorrow I come to visit you at work?"

"Sounds perfect babe."

"Okay. I'll see you then handsome." I said smiling to myself.

"Until then beautiful." He said hanging up the phone.

I smiled to myself then texted Julie.

-Hey how does Tony's sound? This Friday at 8?

-Sounds good. I'll be there.

-Alright great! See ya at work

-See ya