Chapter 4 : Darkest Truth

Three days had passed since the sudden attack. Gin and Charlotte were hospitalized on the hospital, under Wendy's care, due to their injuries while the rest of the guild members were fixing their half-ruined Guild Building. Shana was still away from the regular meeting. Even without their Guild Master and Guild Trusty around, the members knew what to do and no jobs until the Building was almost fixed. Sarah and Emile decided to stick around and helping the Guild, more like helping Wendy in Sarah's case since there's only Sarah and Wendy who could use healing magic.

Surt, on the other hand, was extremely cautious and also seriously felt guilty. He was afraid the sudden attack was a warning for him from Seraph or an order from Mikhail. Whatever it was, he had a feeling he  had been found by his previous Guild after 2 years staying in low profile within Fairytail. Now, he had to do what he had to.

"-out!" Surt was tackled down by Ace, snapping him from his thought, before couple of wooden blocks fell down right on his standing.

"You idiot! What are you thinking?!" Ace raged on Surt while holding his collar tight. "I called you so many times to warn you, but you didn't listen! You could've killed!"

"I...I..." Surt lost his words as Ace raged on him. "I'm...sorry..."

Ace was about to go on rage over Surt again, but was cut off by the young Celestial Key Mage.

"Ace, you can let him go." Sharon stopped Ace with her calm tone while holding Ace's wrist. "Surt is saved because you saved him, so no harms done."

"Ceh, whatever." Ace let Surt go, stood up and left them alone. Surt watched Ace walking away from them in guilt. He had caused so many troubles. 

"Forgive him, Surt..." Sharon talked to Surt in quiet tone, making Surt turned at her. "He has been worrying about you because you seems troubled after the attack three days ago. Not only Ayce, me and everyone noticed your weird acting."

It hit him head-on. Without realizing it, he already made his friends worried. He was too caught up the fact he was found that he forgot the people around him.

"I'm sorry for causing you and everyone worried..." Surt gave a small smile to Sharon, who's somewhat happy to see him smile again and returned his smile.

"Then, can you go buy some materials?" She handed a note to his hand. "Buy some blocks from the carpenters and ask them to deliver those by afternoon. On the way back, please buy the items on the list which I wrote down on the note."

"Okay, I will go now. Will be back in few hours." With that Surt left to buy the building materials from Sharon's note, unaware there's a pair of eyes watching him leaving the Fairy Tail ground and quietly followed him from behind.

0-0-0

"The carpenters are on the edge of the town...better I go there first." Surt mumbled to himself as he walked through the Central Path. He remembered the Fantasia Parade he first joined on the last year's Harvest Festival. It was actually the first time he saw Ayce had so much fun, instead being stoic and sarcastic like usual.

"Life has been kind to you lately...Surt."

The sudden chill whisper stopped his track, freezing him on the spot. He knew perfectly whose voice it was. He could never forget his cold voice and icy tone, even he wanted to. Panicked, he looked around, trying to find the owner of that voice. All he saw was random civilians passing by him. On the corner of his eyes, he noticed the silhouette of that man going to one of the alleys.

He's fully aware of the danger of facing him alone, but he had to confirm whatever his intention, either to terrorize Fairy Tail or "punish" the traitor. Even being his appearance and servant for seveal years, he never fully understood what kind of plans in his mind. Whatever it was, he had to protect his family. With that in his mind, he followed the silhouette to the alley.