Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Twelve: A Load of Bullets

Sehun

     What if I just leave it in her school locker? Wait, no... It might not fit. Or how about I just let Abby give it to her? No, that would be stupid and kind of cowardly. Or what if I just leave it at her doorstep? Yeah, I should go with that one. It's the least dumbest thing I can think of.

    It's the weekend and everyone's out having fun swimming and partying – and I'm here in the corner of my bedroom trying to figure out what I should do with my life. Even hyung's out. Geu Nappeun Nom – he didn't even ask If I wanted to come with him. Well, as long as he brings me something like a takeout of bibimpab, then that would certainly make up for it.

    I finally stepped out of my apartment for the first time this morning. But I wasn't literally planning on going out of the building. It was a short walk to Kristine's door and wasted minutes of mustering up a little courage. Honestly, I was confident. But I dunno.. perhaps it was the lack of experience in this whole cheesy thing, also, of the fact if she's going to like it or not. If she does, I would 't want to be awkward in front of her at school. I was afraid to be rejected. Afraid that she might find it hard to talk to me after all this. What if she didn't like me back at all?

There's only one way to find out.

     I placed the gift perfectly on the doormat, one that had 'Home sweet home' written on it. 'You're welcome' signs nowadays are to mainstream huh? The perfectly wrapped present laid still on the rug as I stood there eyeing it carefully resisting the urge to get it back and give it to her another time maybe. I still can't believe how much time I spent just wrapping the gift box. It was red and it had a yellow bow as a finishing touch. Too girly and I guess I'll just jump off a bridge if I ever give her an impression that I was either gay or just a creative kiddo.

The doorknob from the outside twisted, making an unlocking sound. 

I ran back to my room as fast as I could, making the quietest sneaky steps.