Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five: "Let's end this"

Abby

   I woke up around 5am realizing my room was freezing. I forgot to turn it off last night. I managed to crawl into my blanket, protecting myself from the coldness. I tried to fall asleep again, but I just couldn’t take it. I was wide awake at that moment anyway. I quickly got out of my room and ran to the kitchen, escaping my room with the temperature of somewhat below zero.

I took out the milk and poured it into my bowl of cereal. The house was surprisingly quiet. Too quiet. The kind of mood that doesn’t actually fit me comfortably. I took a peak in Kristine’s room, and just as I expected, she wasn’t there. She’s probably out with Luhan again. Come to think of it, she’s never home. Never. I don’t even know whether she actually came back last night. Is it just me, or the concern was dominating my insides. It’s not like I care… okay so maybe a little… I don’t know.

The silence in the morning was very usual. I’m used to it. Since it was early in the morning, I thought about going for a jog. I got into my sweats and trainers and headed for the door. Just when I was about to leave, the landline rang.

You’ve got to be kidding me. Who could be calling at this time?!

I quickly made a swift run to the living room to pick up the call. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Kristine?” a familiar voice spoke from the other side of the line.

“No, this is Abby.”

“Oh, Abby… can I speak to Kristine?"

“Sorry. Kristine’s not here. S-she… left early.” I lied. “But if it’s something important… I—I can tell her…” I insisted, not happening to think about how I was actually going to talk to her.

“Oh okay. I already sent her the flight tickets. Can you ask her if she already has it?”

Flight tickets?!

“Uhh – sure…”

“Yeah and also, tell her to prepare her passport and visa. That’s it Abigail, goodbye—“