Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four: Sunset, Stargaze, and Sunrise.

Kristine

   It's been exactly five months and thirty days and things between me and Luhan are still getting better and better. Abby and I still haven't settled everything down yet, and honestly, living with someone you know who probably tries to murder you inside her head was kinda hard, but I guess the silent treatment's a whole lot better than cursing each other. I mean, she's still my bestfriend, you know? Just not... it's just not the same anymore.

Putting that aside, my life was next to me at this very moment. He's beside me.

    Well, last night we were on the phone and I was complaining how the freezer was empty and that I was really craving for chocolate chip ice cream, and then this morning he was at my front door with two Baskin Robbins in his hands and a huge grin on his face.

   So now, we somehow ended up in his apartment, watching a movie together on a comfy couch with lights turned off — sooo much better than the cinema. The sunbeams wrecked the moment though. I tried to ignore that. Sehun wasn't anywhere to be seen. Luhan told me he's hanging out with his friends so it was okay, since he probably figured out it would be awkward and totally wrong if he was here.

    So we were just two outcasts pretending we were in the cinemas eating chocolate chip ice cream like we were some little kids.

   I didn't notice that there was ice cream on my upper lip. I was too busy digging in and everyone who knows me knows I don't really mind anything that could possibly be going on whenever I eat. Luhan turned to look at me and let out a short giggle.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" 

  Luhan just smiled then reached for a tissue and looked at me straight in the eyes. He wiped the ice cream off my lip and smirked. "You're still beautiful."

This is was one of his cheesy punchlines again. The kind that I don't really find any possible reasons and speculations to be factual. In fact, I was still in my pajamas — Luhan pulled me out early in the morning — and my hair was a total mess. But he looked at me everyday like I was some kind of goddess and he never fails to make me smile whenever he complimented me beautiful. Tbh, no one actually ever called me that before. That is, if my dad's an exception.

"If you want me to pay for the ice cream, you can just tell me." I chuckled.

   But he kept a deadpan face. "You really are beautiful. And your face is the first thing that pops up into my head every morning."

   He smiled then focused his attention to the TV. I did —after a few seconds. I liked staring at Luhan's face. It was almost as if I was next to someone I just created with my mind's eye. He still seems so unreal to me. But then at some point, I realized that he is real. And he's someone I can call mine.

Someone I'm so glad I have.

    My eyes were getting teary when the line "I love you and I will never leave your side." was mentioned. I know It was stupid crying over such line, but the story touched me. The boy had to decide, and even though it wasn't the right thing, he followed his heart and chose the girl. Luhan noticed my silent sobbing and turned to face me.

"What the heck? What's up with you?" he laughed.

"I'm emotional okay?! Deal with it." I replied.

"Oh! Come on!" Luhan wiped my tears. "Stop crying."

"Luhan....?"

"What?"

"Would you ever leave me?"