Chapter 25: How it all ends

Trae's POV

The bright sun beams down letting me know it's time to get up. Jakiyah was already woke and putting on her clothes for school.

"You couldn't wake me up?" I asked her while looking at the time on my phone.

"You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to bother you. And plus if you plan on acting crazy at school then you shouldn't go."

"I'm not going to act crazy, I'm going to handle my business." I grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom.

"I really don't want you going to school fighting! You know where all of them live. Why school?" She crossed her arms and followed me.

"Because that's the location I chose, that's why. And plus I know if I was to make a house visit, it wouldn't end good. I mean, it's probably not gone end good at school either, but trust that it would be MUCH worse in a different location." I began brushing my teeth.

"How so? How is the location going to determine how all of this ends? And how are you going to fight all of them by yourself? You're not making sense, Trae."

"Jay! Can you just leave it alone, you'll see what happens. This location matters because if we weren't at school, somebody might end up dead. I know somebody in my circle is sneaky, but I really don't wanna kill these niggas, so I'll just beat they ass." I wiped my mouth.

She stopped talking and I finished getting ready for school. I didn't have time to eat or nothing so we hurried up to leave the house. I'm not really in the mood so I hope nobody be in my face this morning. Jay and I got in my car and I kept the radio off, I just need silence right now. Once we got to the school, I told Jakiyah to go ahead because I needed to sit in the car for a minute. I leaned my head back on the seat and closed my eyes, praying to God I don't spazz too bad.

I ended up sitting in the car for 30 minutes, missing some of my first class. I walked in the school and spoke to the security guards and then made my way to class. During the whole class period I tapped my hands and foot. My adrenaline high as ever and as soon as I see these niggas, it's up.

"Trae, you good?" Some girl in my class asked.

"I'm straight." I responded, but I know it was obvious that I wasn't good.

Finally the class was over and I rushed into the hall. Usually they be standing by my locker, so I'm assuming that's where I'd find them.

"Jay, why you over here with these muh-fuckas?" I walked up to a crowd of people by my locker.

Everybody looked over at me confused.

"I was looking for you and then I started to talk to Sydney." She explained.

"No offense to you Syd, but you got more friends than these niggas Jakiyah. Imma need you to go to class, I don't want you to be late." I told her.

"Trae, it's not worth it." Jakiyah tried to push me away.

"Yeah, Trae. It's not worth it." Mike laughed.

"Mane, I'm through with you bro. ALL you niggas, get the fuck away from my shit. Unless all y'all want y'all ass beat, bitches and all." I balled up my fist.

"T Dawg, what you on mane?" One of my home boys asked.

"That's how you feel now?" Sydney asked.

"I'm not referring to you, Syd. Take Jay to class." I moved her out the way.

Chris ass just stood there, right next to Mike. What kind of shit is that? I don't know who to swing on first. All I know is I'm bout to break one they jaws, real shit. Ain't no extra shit no more, it's up.