Chapter 48: My Pain

Trae's POV

We pulled up to the ER and put Jay in a wheelchair. The emergency room was crowded as usual and that irritated me because I wasn't trying to sit there and wait. Jakiyah filled out the necessary forms and waited to be called back. My mama soothed her by saying everything was going to be fine. She then called her mama and grandma to tell them what was going on. Silently, I still prayed to myself hoping that everything was cool with my shorty. I'm growing impatient of having to wait because if anything happen to her while we waiting I'm tearing this place up.

After thirty minutes of waiting we were able to see a doctor. The doctor asked all types of questions that made me even more nervous. I paced back and forth as they hooked IV's to her. I was on the verge of tears because I had no idea what was going on. I needed to go sit in the hallway with my mama for a while. I know she's still pissed at me so I sat on one end of the hall while she was on the other. I wanted to talk to her, but I know she heard enough of my mouth today.

"What the doctor say?" She came over to me.

"He was just asking a bunch of questions. They checked her blood pressure and hooked her up to some kind of IV." I didn't make eye contact with her.

"Mama, the baby wasn't moving." I finally looked at her.

"It'll be fine." She laid my head on her chest.

"I didn't mean to say I didn't need you."  I raised my head up.

She didn't say anything back, she just put my head back down and ran her fingers through my hair. As I was sitting there, Jakiyah's family approached me. Both her mother and grandma looked worried. I stood up and greeted them with a hug.

"Where is she?" Her mom asked after saying hi to my mama. 

I walked both of them to the room Jay was in. She was sitting up talking to the doctor now and she looks 10x better than before. She smiled once she seen her mom and grandma standing behind me.

"When was the last time you felt him move?" The doctor asked her.

"This morning."

"Well his heart is pumping just fine, so let's try this." He grabbed her stomach and shook it up a bit.

He continued to do this for a few seconds until he felt the baby moving. Him and Jakiyah smiled at each other so that must mean everything is good.

"Sometimes the baby just gets really comfortable and wants to lay there. If you ever get worried just gently move your tummy to get him moving again, or give us a visit."

"So doctor, what was actually wrong with her? I'm her mother by the way."

"Just a simple case of dehydration. It gets really hot out, especially if you're carrying around extra weight. She just needs to make sure she's hydrated at all times, I recommend keeping a fan around and bottles of water or Gatorade."

Thank God, mane. I was about to go crazy if something was wrong with my child. It's wild that at first I wanted her to kill the baby and now I'm damn near pulling my hair out to make sure he's good. Who would've ever thought I'd be so in love with someone that I haven't even actually met yet.

The doctor kept Jay until her blood pressure was back under control. It took about a hour and then we were able to leave. She said goodbye to her family as we all exited the hospital.

"You scared the hell out of me." I said as we all walked out the hospital.

"I was scared too, I really thought I was about to go into labor."