Chapter One - The Art Gallery

~ Gabby's P.O.V ~

"Gabby, hurry up!" I could hear Sophie call from outside our dorm room, it's great having your best friend as your roommate. "We have to leave now or they're gonna set off without us!" I could still hear Sophie shouting at me, she is so impatient.

"I'm coming, chill out." I replied whilst opening up my shoulder bag and putting my purse, phone and makeup bag inside. I had just about finished my makeup adding a swipe of lip gloss onto my lips as i look in the mirror on our door, making sure I looked presentable enough.

"Took your time didn't you?" Sophie asked sarcastically as I exited the room, locking the door behind me. "Well, I do like to make myself look as nice as I can." I replied just as sarcastically walking beside her down the corridor. "And may I say you do look very nice, yellow is a really nice colour for you." She smiles at me. "Thanks, I like your new boots, they're exactly your style." I complimented smiling back at her. "oh my god, finally you've recognised! I thought you were ignoring them on purpose! They're so cute aren't they?" I laughed at her as we reached the end of the hall emerging into the car park.

Myself and Sophie registered with the teachers and sat in our places on the coach. Today we were going on a field trip to the art gallery where we would look at pieces of art and take inspiration from them for our final piece. Thank the lord we were going because i haven't got a clue what I'm going to do for it, and it determines what grade we get at the end of the year!

"I'm so excited!" Sophie blurts out from beside me, "I love art galleries, they're so interesting" As you can probably tell, Sophie is quite the geek, a geek who is absolutely obsessed with anything to do with art. I can't really say anything, I'm practically the same. "Me too! Do you have any idea on what you're thinking of doing for your piece?" I asked Sophie, hoping to get an idea of what i could do.

"I'm thinking of doing something abstract which symbolises the pain but also the happiness of being in love." She replies to me with a look on her face which tells me she's not so sure "but it could be something else, i haven't decided yet. What about you?"

"I do not have a clue." I answer her slowly, making her laugh, I laughed along with her. "Let's hope this trip can help you then." She smiled reassuringly. "Yeah..." Sophie passed me one of her earphones and the coach set off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour had passed and it was time to get off the coach. I handed the earphone back to Sophie and picked up my bag. I got out my mirror and checked my appearance. Happy with how I looked, I popped it back into my bag.

Stepping down off the coach I took in the beautiful scenery around me. The art gallery in front of me was absolutely stunning. It was an old building with a huge staircase leading up towards it. Surrounding the building were two big patches of grass with people sitting on picnic blankets and enjoying a day in the warm weather. Surrounding the grass were flowers of all different types and all in vibrant colours. Splitting up the two patches of grass was an extremely long path which lead to the building. In the middle of the path was a breathtaking fountain which had sculptures of what looked like women from Roman times wrapped in robes inside of it.

"Oh my god...this place is amazing! Don't you think Gabby?" my thoughts were interrupted by a rather excited Sophie. "Yeah it's amazing! I can't wait to get inside." I chuckled at Sophie's reaction to the gallery. "Me neither, I'm so excited to see all the art!"

"Okay, so you will all be able to go off on your own with your notepads to take notes in but you have to meet back at the front door at 1:30 to eat dinner. I hope you all have a fun and productive day but the most important thing is to remember to think about your final piece and what you will be doing for it." Miss Keegan dismisses us and we walk into the building. The inside is just as extravagant as the outside with marble floors and gold painted into the detailing on the ceiling, the pillars also have gold painted into the detailing.

"Where should we go first? Ooo, what about where the abstract paintings are? I need to go look at them because that's what I'm thinking of doing." My thoughts were yet again interrupted by Sophie. "Actually Sophie, if you don't mind do you think i could go to where the realism paintings are? I feel like I need to concentrate really hard today if I'm going to get a solid idea." I feel bad for asking her if I could go by myself but i will see her at lunch so I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

"Of course, that's fine. We'll see each other at lunch anyways." I'm so relieved, I knew she would be okay with it. That's just the type of friend she is. "Thank you so much Soph, I hope you can get your idea perfected." I smiled pulling her in for a hug. "You too. I'll see you at lunch, yeah?" She replied hugging me back. "Of course. See you!" We smiled at each other as she walked up the staircase towards the abstract paintings and I turned to follow the signs for the realism paintings.

All I had to do now was come up with an idea of what to paint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N 

Hi everyone, this is my first story so I don't really know what I'm doing, oops.

Anyways, Gabby is played by Gabby (aka VelvetGh0st) from youtube and if you don't already know who she is you should go check out her videos, they're really good.

If you do come across my story please give me feedback on what I could improve on or what you like about my story, thanks.

I don't really know where this story is going but I'm just rolling with it :3

I also imagine Emily Osment to be Sophie but you can imagine them however you like.