Chapter 1

Quick authors note but this is an extremely short chapter as I am not to sure if I want to write more on this book or focus on my other two books.

Taylor 🤘

Cameron p.o.v

"Punch!"

"Round house!"

"Turning backfist!"

"Sliding sidekick!"

"Now drop and give me 50 press ups!"

My exhausted body dropped to the floor along with the rest of the class. Harvey looked unfazed by the amount of endurance needed for today's karate session. He made me look unfit.

Maybe I should leave the chocolate alone for a bit.

Harvey turned his face towards me with his familiar smirk plastered on his smug little face.

Sometimes it feels like he can read my mind.

"48...........49............50! Alright everybody go take a 5 minute break and go get yourself a drink of water. Oh. And put your fighting things on as your at it!"

Out Sensei shouted at our class.  Most of the class breathed a sigh of relief before pulling themselves off the floor.

Harvey and I jumped up at the thought of fighting. It was definitely our favourite section on the syllabus.

Every year we both compete in the Nationals fighting sections, and every year we win.

This year though they have started up the England squad again so we will receive our invitations in a couple of weeks.

"Have you heard from Billy recently?"

I questioned. Billy used to be the third member of our group until a couple of months ago.

He suddenly decided that he didn't have the time for the commitment this sport held so he decided to leave it all behind.

It shocked Harvey and I for a short while but it was Harvey that convinced me that we would be okay without him.

So that brings us to now, which is our 7th session without Billy. It still feels kinda weird.

His body froze momentarily, like he forgot how to move.

Quickly he recovered, leaning down and swooping his water bottle into his clunky hands.

"Nahh. I think he just wants to be left alone for a little bit."

His reply was smooth almost as if he had rehearse what was needed to be said.

I think I understand where he is coming from though. If I was forced to pull out of something I loved and had been doing for nearly 10 years I would be pretty upset as well.

I guess here is some facts about me.

My name is Cameron and I am 16 years old. And no.  I am not a boy I am in fact a girl with a boys name. So get over that now.

I attend a karate class every week with my best friend Harvey.

Harvey and I have been inseparable since his first day nearly 8 years ago. He is a year older then me (he is 17 and I am 16) but it doesn't bother us.

Oh and one more thing. 

I may have a crush on him 😳

But I am pretty sure he doesn't feel the same.

"Alright kids time for a fighting competition!"

We bounced onto the mat eager for a quick round.

How was it??? I'm not really sure if I like it to be perfectly honest. I don't think I will continue with this book. Urgg I don't know.

Any ways peace out guys 🤘