twenty-two

jack's point of view:

"seriously dad you're making me go with maddie," i shook my head. "you know about our past!"

"freya will have a date and so well you," he emphasised the word will.

i turned way from the annoying human in front of me.

maddie and i dated for about a year, the relationship was dead like her personality.

"jack, are you okay hunny?" my mother asked noticing my impassive face.

"just perfect," i lookup and forcing a smile walking away.

walking through the oversized halls, i found my way into the living room. i took a seat on the elegant sofa and checked my phone, hoping for a missed call from freya.

there wasn't one. maybe my dad already spoke to her and told her to stay away. he wouldn't do that would he?

-

the afternoon soon came evening, freya and her father would be arriving soon. maddie was already here, she hadn't left my side. we were in my old bedroom sitting in silence.

i heard maddie huff once in a while because i still haven't spoke to her, instead i sat taking in her appearance. i have always thought she was beautiful, her overpriced dress hugged her waist perfectly. her lips were pink and plump, i wondered what they tasted like after all these months.

before i could think i pulled maddie's  face to mine and connected our lips. she must have been waiting for me to do that because she automatically kissed back with force. i wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. her hands found the back of my neck tugging on the hair.

"oh gosh im sorry. i thought this was the bathroom,"

i looked up to find freya incredibly embarrassed walking back out the door. maddie giggled to herself as i wiped my mouth and stood up.

"freya," i called but she ignored me.

maddie walked to my mirror to sort out her smudged lipstick.

"i take it you and her have something going on," she said.

"to be honest, im not sure but anyway hurry up we need to get downstairs."

-

we entered the dining room hurrying to our seats.

"my son has finally joined us," my dad said as he glared at me.

maddie and i were sat opposite freya and an the unknown man. he was in conversation with my father. freya's face was unreadable and she looked everywhere but in my direction.

" im colton and you must be- " the muscular man said to me.

"jack."

"nice to meet you," he shook his head and mumbled something into freya's ear causing her to laugh.

my jaw tensed due to my annoyance with colton's presence.

"hey jack, calm down." maddie whispered causing me to smile slightly.

maddie grabbed my face and placed a kiss on jaw lightly. i turned my face and returned the favour on her lips. i pulled away to find the whole table looking at me. freya's dad and my dad smile at me whereas my mother gives me a disgusted look and freya looked angry.

"excuse me," she said getting up off her seat.

i watched her storm out of the room. i looked at colton he seemed to be more interested in the food in front of him. i got up and left the table without a word.

i found freya sitting on the bottom stair playing with her fingers. i walked to her slowly.

"fuck off," she said before i could even reach her.

"pardon?"

" you heard me perfectly fine jack."

"freya, what did i even do?"i asked generally confused.

"i don't want to talk to you."

"you didn't call me back," i huffed.

"you kissed a girl not once but twice, the day after we almost had sex!" she snaps.

"it's a distraction. i don't have a choice, freya! ." i replied, keeping my calm.

"you control your lips as well as your actions," she shouted. i opened my mouth to speak. "it's doesn't even matter, im not allowed to see you anyway." she interrupts.

"no one can control our actions but us, freya. so what if we aren't allowed to see each other that's what makes it exciting," i said taking her face in my hands.

-
edited.
- chloe'xoxo