Four of Diamonds

West and Maddison were glaring at each other, eyes flashing, chests heaving and the weight of their argument hanging between them like an anvil. Thank god that Honey had explained to Mad that some of the rooms had been sound proofed, West’s definitely being one of them. So the couple stood in his room, raging at each other and only a small step away from tumbling into a passionate interlude.

“It was just a slap! West, I appreciate it, I really do, but you nearly put Rafe in the hospital!” Maddison was trying to be calm and patient but her tone of voice was anything but.

“He hit you. Maddison I don’t know how to explain it so you’ll understand but that’s not something I will let slide.” West didn’t even try to pretend like he wasn’t worked up over this.

“West, you don’t have to explain it to me. I get how you care and can’t stand men hitting women. I love that, trust me, I really do. But this is me we’re talking about. Every now and then, I earn a smack up the back of the head. West, I was gonig to handle it, I really was." Maddison steps closer to West, realizing that maybe he was still more than a little worked up over it. As mad as she was, and as offended as West's actions made her feel, she knew he had done what he thought was right. Extreme yes, but also brutually honest. West cared about her enough to risk arrest.

"Mad, you're my girl." West shrgs, as if that explains everything. In a way it does, there are certain rules in place that West would defend, and if someone breaks one of those rules, he extracts swift justice. Like a sexy, violent superhero. Her very own Lone Wolf. "I'm sorry if what I did tonight causes trouble for you but..." he shrugs again.

Maddison noticed how he wasn't meeting her eyes, but instead looking at the red side of her face. It was slowly fading, the mark where Rafe had slapped her, and it didn't even sting all that much anymore. Still, she had never expected Rafe to react that way. It seemed so.... strange for him to go violent. Even getting rejected, Maddison had only figured that he would throw a snit fit. "Hey... you know what West? Whatever." she shrugged herself, mimicking West's own jerky movements. "I'll deal with it. Let's take a look at you, shall we?" she reached a tentative hand out, wanting to end the fighting between them. It was hot, but also exhausting. And as much fun as it was to see a worked up West, she figured even he needed to calm down after tonight's activities.

West smirked at her, a weak shade of his normal attitude. "You just want to get your hands on me."

Maddison rolled her eyes, delicate nose giving an unlady-like snort. "Yes that's obviously it. Bloody, bruised and sweaty nineteen year old high school students just can't resist 'em!" her tone is mocking.

West grinned at her, effect slightly ruined by the very purple and swollen eye. "Actually I have some interesting news to tell you..." he warned, sitting on his bed and letting Maddison fuss over his hand. He didn't even wince when she pulled the super glue out of the wound and swiped it with an alcohol wipe.

"Should I brace myself?" Maddison asked, only half joking.

"Well, you know Alice. Tall girl, tattoos, lots of spunk. Well, she has a secret lover, and they gave me permission to tell you about them." West stated obliquely.

Maddison gave him an amused, confused frown. "There's just all kinds of things wrong with that sentence. I don't see you asking permission for much, and why would it matter to me who she's sleeping with?"

West smiled smugly. "Because she's been seeing Malcolm Vega since December."

Maddison frowned, not understanding right away then.... "wait, isn't he the teacher? Oohhhhh...." Maddison grinned as realization hit her. "So your friend Alice and that hot Spanish guy huh....." she nodded, knowing that calling Mr. Vega hot would bother West. "I want to say how wrong that is but... I can kind of see it. Alice isn't like the other girls her age. So it's I guess I think it's morally gray you know?"