Ace of Diamonds and Ten of Hearts

A/N: yes the Prom! Now, I know that this is supposed to be West and Maddison's story, but I couldn't resist the lure of doing a very important section of this chapter in Malcolm's POV. Hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed imagining it :D

__________________________________________________________________________

Maddison fussed over the suit West was wearing, straightening the cavalier in his lapel. She felt this ridiculous grin spread across her face as she prettied her lover up. Not that he needed help with looking good. His dark hair curled and waved loosely, needing not even a single drop of product to look sinfully glossy. Unable to resist, Maddison used her grip on his collar to pull her Cubano down for a kiss.

 He scooped his arms around her tiny waist and lifted her up, making Maddison squeal and laugh. "West! You'll mess up your suit." she warned, flushing as she felt his laugh rumble through them both.

"You're the only woman I know who seems to have no problem making me look delicious and then sending me out to party with a bunch of hormonal teenage girls who'll be drinking, without you around to stake your claim." West teased, setting her back down but keeping his arms wrapped around her.

Maddison was already in her pajamas, ready to spend the night in, watching movies and relaxing. Ever since she'd called Rafe back, things had gotten crazy and in a good way. That horrid woman, Esmeralda had fallen for Rafe's easy charm and whopsie daisy, they made a baby. Maddison had spared a moment to just shudder at what Esmeralda would be like once the pregnancy hormones kicked in. That was the really crazy thing; when she had told Rafe, he'd proposed and she said yes. Maddison was a little unsure how she felt about that idea, but she was glad they seemed happy. And that meant that Mad had her old role back. The understudy just wasn't ready for a leading role yet. So Maddison was only just finished negotiating a much firmer contract that guaranteed her more perks, benefits and for once she felt like maybe she'd be getting what she was owed. That sounded terribly b****y and narcisistic, but Maddison was aware enough of the buisness side of things to know that her skills were worth even more than she was getting now, but this was her stepping stone. Everyone starts somewhere.

"I love you. I also have the poor taste to trust you." she teased, resting her hands on the silky fabric of his darkest green shirt. It glowed a rich emerald on his dark skin and the black suit he wore suited him just fine. It was of a Cuban cut, but still looked somehow traditional. "Now have fun on your date, I fully expect you to brag about how many little girls you have to turn down tonight." she winked at him.

West laughed, loosening his hold so that his hands dropped to her hips. He knew that there would be dozens of goregously attired women around tonight, dresses and shoes costing hundreds of dollars. And yet not a single one of them would ever match that special something his Angel had, even now dressed in cotton pajama shorts with flying piggies on them. "I love you too Angel." he kissed her and let her step away. Her tiny fingers fixed at the slightly smushed cavalier on his lapel and then quickly brushed across his bottom lip.

"You look too good to let go. But I'll behave, and you better believe I'm taking advantage of that suit when you get back." she winked at him. "I got you a graduation gift. You get to unwrap it when you get back." she promised and he knew from the huskiness in her voice that it was going to be quite the celebration.

"You're a devil woman." he groaned, knowing that thinking about what it could be would eat at him all night, guaranteeing his constant distraction.

Maddison laughed. "Yes, I know. And you love me for it." she shrugged and walked with him to the door.

The limo and his friends were just driving down the street. Boy would it surprise the hell out of them to see their dance teacher kissing their friend goodbye. Maddison grinned at West and he knew exactly what she was thinking just then. Being just as dramatic in nature as she was sometimes, West pulled his lover to him and bent her over a la tango style and gave her a kiss to start the night off right. Neither one noticed the limo stopping and his friends tumbling out of the limo to stare at teacher and student in stunned silence. They'd already been filled in on the Alice and Malcolm situation, and when the general consensus then had been astonishment but acceptance, West had known they'd be cool for this too.