Chapter 1: Thanksgiving Films

"Sarah, can you not?" I asked my 11 year old sister who was running around me in our kitchen like a maniac, as I tried to take a bowl of God knows what to the car.

Today was Thanksgiving day and my family was eating at the Caylen house, home to my best friend, Justin, or as most people know him, Jc Caylen. Our moms met each other in the 7th grade and have been friends ever since, so we've known each other pretty much since birth. He was a year older than me. He was my first best friend and the only one that's stayed.

We're pretty much inseperable, our parents always joked that we would end up getting married when we were younger, but they don't really mention it anymore, I guess they don't want to make it awkward for us. I mean, I love Jc, he's been there for me whenever I needed him, and he's never left my side, even if we have had our fights, but I think having anything more than a strong friendship might ruin what we have. I know, I know, the classic 'I don't wanna risk our friendship' story, but what can ya do?

"Alison honey, can you get the pie too?" my mother asked me, even though she could clearly see that I had my hands full and my sister was just running around freely. "Sure, let me just grab my extra hands out of the closet," I said, sarcastically.

"Enough with that attitude! It's thanksgiving, be nice for once atleast!" my mom said, annoyed by my response. It seems like everything I say is giving attitude or 'talking back'. I was nice, nice enough, I just got annoyed by my family a lot, most teenagers do. "She will once she sees Jc," my dad said, jokingly, I hope.

I sighed and carried the bowls to our car and handed them to my dad, who was just about to get in the car. Then, I got in the backseat and waited for my mom and sister to come out of the house.

My dad and I talked about random things until finally after about what seemed like 6 hours, my mom and sister walked out. I couldn't wait to get to Jc's house, so I could go hang out with him, Sarah could go play with Jaylyn, and Joe Felix, and our parents could chat, and leave us alone, until it was time to eat.

We drove for 10 minutes to the Caylen residence and got out of the car after pulling up in their driveway. As soon as we got out, his family walked out. I grabbed the two bowls in my hand, when Jc came up behind me. "Lemme help you with that, ma'am," he said, laughing at how I was struggling with two simple bowls. "I don't need any help sir!" I said, looking at him and walking to his front door. I tripped on the entrance of his porch and almost dropped everything. That's when he ran over and took them from my hand. "Mhm," he smirked. I sighed in defeat and followed him to his kitchen.

He put the bowls down on a counter top and walked over to tackle me in a hug, lifting me up in the process. "Put me down!" I whined, laughing. "Only if you say the magic word!" he said, smirking. "Cloud?" I asked. "Mm okay, good enough," he said, putting me down. "I missed youuuu!" he said, kissing my cheek. Most people would think we were dating if they saw us, but we're just really really close I guess.

"I saw you two days ago!" I laughed. "Still, that's a long time to not see your best friend!" he smiled. "Well now you're stuck with me til tonight," I said, teasing him. "You say it like it's a bad thing," he said, fake pouting. "It is, don't you think I'd much rather spend a school break in bed watching Tv and scrolling through Tumblr?" I said. "I know you would, but you can do that with your best fweend!" he said, "come on!" He motioned me over to the stairs and we walked up to his room.

I plopped down on his bed as soon as we walked in and he sat next to me. "What do ya wanna do?" he asked. "I don't know, do you need to film or something?" I asked, remembering he was a pretty big youtuber. He rushed up when I said that and ran out of his room. I didn't question it, that was Jc. He came back a few minutes later with his camera in hand.