Chapter 3: Movies

Jc's POV

We took a while to decide on which movies we were gonna rent, but when we finally did, we headed over to Alison's house. We got out of my car and she opened her front door. I followed in after her, finding her dad getting some water in the kitchen. She went over and gave him a hug, then she told me she was going up stairs to get a blanket. "Make the popcorn Kay?" she asked. "Sure thing," I said, walking over to her kitchen and saying hi to her dad.

"Mr. C! What's up!" I said, standing next to him. "Just waiting for Maria and Sarah to get ready, so we can head out to the mall, what are you two planning on doing?" he asked. "I wouldn't go there if I were you, we couldn't find a space, we're just gonna chill, watch movies, the usual," I said, beginning to look for the popcorn. "You guy found a space though, right?" he asked. I laughed and said, "Nope, we ended up-" "In Walmart," he finished, smiling. "Always do!" I laughed. "Well then I guess we're going there then, have fun!" he said, patting my shoulder and walking upstairs.

Alison came down with a huge blanket as he walked upstairs. "Did you make it?" she asked, walking into her living room, setting it down on her couch, then walking over to me.

"I can't find it," I said, looking through her cabinets. She walked over to me, reached over me to the countertop, and handed me something, the popcorn. "It was right in front of you," she said, looking at me and putting her hands on her hips. "That's why you're here," I laughed. She rolled her eyes at me. "Now make it, or should I show you to the microwave as well?" she asked, annoyed by me. "Oh yeah I was about to ask you where that was," I said to her and smirked.

"I'll be starting the movie," she said, walking away from me and into her living room. "Mine first!" I yelled through the house. "No!" she yelled back. "Come on, that way it won't be the last thing you remember!" I tried to reason with her. She didn't say anything after that, so I made the popcorn, got some drinks, and walked over to her when they were ready. Her parents and sister had already left the house by now.

I saw that the Tv screen has the Conjuring's Dvd menu on it. "Yes!" I yelled, placing the popcorn and drinks on the coffee table. "Just play it," Alison said. She was sitting on the couch, tucked under the blanket. I pressed play and sat next to her.

The movie started and she looked okay for the beginning, until the scary parts started. She kept on hiding under the blanket whenever a scary scene would come on.

We were sitting together watching when suddenly, a really scary part came up. "Oh my God!" she screamed, going over to me, and hiding her face in my chest. "Woah!" I said, getting scared by the scene myself. "This is too much, I can't!" she said, hiding her face in my neck, so she wouldn't have to see the movie. "It's okay, we don't have to keep watching if you don't want to," I said, putting my arm around her and rubbing her hand with my thumb. "No, you wanna watch it, it's fine," she said, looking up at me. "You sure?" I asked. "Yeah, it's fine," she reassured, sitting next to me again.

When she looked back at the screen, bam, another scary scene. She cringed and hid her face with her hands. "Come here," I said, pulling her up on my lap. I could feel her heart race a mile a second. I don't understand why she gets so scared when we watch these, they're just movies, but it's one of the things I love about her.

She had her face buried in my neck now. I kissed the top of her head and said, "I'm turning it off." I couldn't stand to see her scared or hurt in any way. "Noooo!" she said, "don't worry about me, I'm fine now, really, just, just don't let me go."

"Wouldn't think of it," I smiled, down at her. She looked up at me and smiled. Then, she turned around, still sitting on my lap and continued to watch the movie. I rested my chin on her shoulder and my arms around her waist. Another scene came up, but she didn't react as badly this time.

"You feel better," I asked, laughing at the look she had on her face. She looked scared, but like she was trying to hide it. "Mhm," she said, noding her head. "Good," I whispered in her ear. "Stop!" she said. She hated when I did that, it gave her goosebumps. "Okay," I did it again. "You know if I wasn't too scared to move from here I would!" she said, annoyed by me. "That's not true," I teased. She rolled her eyes and we continued to watch the movie.

Other scenes had her burying her face in my chest many times after this, I have to admit, I enjoyed every single one of them. I liked having her in my arms, because I knew I would never really get to hold her the way I wanted to. She would never be mine. We were just friends and always would be. I just wish she'd stop leaving me in the friendzone. She's beautiful, hilarious, fun to be around, and the girl I loved with all my heart ever since we were kids. I don't think she'll ever know that though.