Chapter 2

Chapter 2-

One thing about me: I hate school.

I love learning new things, but I hate socializing. I get nervous around people and I can't trust anyone.

I walked into the busy hallways of my school and walked to my locker. I grabbed my writing class book and walked to class.

There was still 15 minutes until school officially started. Most people spend this time chatting with friends, but I prefer to read or get a headstart on the assignment.

The bell rang and students filled their seats. We got to pick our seats, and since I prefer not to associate with anyone, the seat beside me is vacant.

Our teacher, Miss Newman walked over to her desk. "Hello, Lily!" she said. I smiled back to her and said "hi" softly. I definetly get on better with teachers than students. 

"Alright class!" Miss Newman yelled to get everyone's attention, "We have a new student!" She opened the door to a tall boy with a mop of brown curls on his head. "This is Harry everyone. Harry, take an empty seat." 

Assuming he was going to avoid me like everyone else does, I began on my assignment.

Music plays an important role in everyday culture. Write an essay explaining the role of music in your life.

I smiled at the prompt and got out my favorite blue pen. Music plays a very important role in my life. All the feeling I have can be expr- I was interrupted by the seat next to me being pulled back. "Erm, do you mind if I sit here?" Harry said, his left cheek indenting revealing a dimple. 

"No." I smiled awkwardly. Harry sat down. "Do you mind explaining to me what to do?" I quickly grabbed Harry's notebook and explained that he was to write an essay on the prompt on the board. Harry sighed, "I'm not a very good writer." I wasn't sure what to reply so instead I bit my finger nail and continued to write. 

Finally the hour was up and the bell rang. I jumped up, eager to get out. Harry seemed like a very nice boy, but it made me nervous when he talked to me. I actually found him very attractive.

I was quickly joined in the hallway by the curly headed boy. "So, I never properly introduced myself. I'm Harry." he stuck out his hand. "Hello, I'm Lily." I shook his hand. "My mum's favorite flower is a lilly." Harry smiled. I giggled softly. "Um, Lily, can you show me where room 308 is?" I nodded and walked Harry to his next class directing him. "Thank you," he said smiling. "See you later Lily." 

The rest of the day quickly passed by and I returned home.

My mum was home, which was unusual. I walked inside and found her crying on the couch. "Mum?" She jumped and looked at me, mascara running down her face. "I got fired today, Lily."

My heart sunk.

"W-what are we going to do?" I asked. "I'll need to find a way to earn money." she responded not looking up from her hand.

~~~~

"Lily, I'm going to go work." I walked out of my room and saw my mom in fishnet leggings with a trench coat pulled over, hiding the rest of her outfit. She was wearing red lipstick and mascara and walked outside.

She tried to hide it, but I knew what she was going to do. Sell her body. 

I walked into my room, tears stinging my eyes. I knew something could happen to my mom out there, and there's no guarentee she'll come back. I tried to block the thoughts from my head and I cried myself to sleep. 

~~~~

The next morning I woke up and ran to my mom's room. I was estatic to see that she made it home. 

I rushed back to my room and put on black skinny jeans and a sweater then I headed out into the cold England air. I got to school soon and hurried to first period. 

I walked in and saw Harry talking to Miss Newman. "Ah, there she is!" Miss Newman said, "Lily, come here, love." I walked over to them. "Harry has asked me to help him with his writing so I wanted to know if you would tutor him. Since you have the top grade in the class." She explained. "Um, yeah, sure." I said, giving a small smile. 

Harry and I sat down at our desk. "So, do you want to do it at my house or yours?" My eyes widened, "yours!" I said, much too quick. I couldn't let anyone see where I live or my mom. "Okay," Harry smiled, "meet me in C lot after school and I'll drive us there." 

My stomach twisted to knots. This was my first time hanging out with someone in way too long.

______________________________________________________

Hope this is semi interesting Xx