Chapter 4

I grabbed an oversized jumper from my room and walked out into the cold air.

I needed to find a job if I wanted to survive.

I continued to wipe tears from my face. My mother was always so strong. 

I walked to the library, my favorite place. It was the most peaceful place I could think of. Filled with millions of pages of people's thoughts.

"Hello, Lily!" I was greeted by the librarian.

I smiled and walked up to her, asking about job opportunities. 

She handed me a stack of white papers to fill out that I carried over to my favorite chair.

Name....Age.....Birthday.....mother's name.....

father's name.

Tears began to sting my eyes again.

My father has been in jail for 5 years for child abuse. He used to hit me everyday until once his anger resulted with me in the hospital with a concussion.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and handed the forms to the librarian. 

I walked home slowly, dreading confronting my mom.

I unlocked the rusty door to our flat and walked in to my mom in the kitchen.

"Hey, darling." She said, acting as if nothing was wrong.

I walked over to her, tears spilling out of my eyes. "Why mom? Why? We need that money for food. Our home."

Her face dropped. "Lily, it helps with the pain."

I briskly walked to my room and threw myself onto my bed.

I felt my phone vibrate in my jean pocket. I pulled out my phone and checked the message.

Harry Styles: hi lily, its harry .x would you like to come to my house for dinner tomorrow?

I smiled in the first time for what's felt like forever. 

I wasn't big on hanging out with people, but Harry....he was different.

Lily: i'd love to :) x

Once I heard my mom leave for "work", I went into the kitchen and peered into the pantry closet.

We didn't have much. Some peanut butter, bread, and ramen noodles. 

I grabbed a package of ramen noodles and cooked them perfectly, then returned to my room and began to write in my journal.

Normally I write about my dad, or mom, or anything, but today I found myself writing about something different.

Harry.

___________________________________________________________

Hiiii xx 

sorry this took forever to update! writers block :(

this would be longer but my mom wants me to finish my laundry and I figured this was a good stopping point.

I really hope you like it!

love you x