Chapter Four

I lay awake stating up at the ceiling as I was playing twenty one pilots through my earphones. We had a two week break from school. Thank god. I would not be able to face everyone knowing I have anorexia and about that incident in geography. My phone lit up. It was a text from Phil.

"You awake?" Phil asked.

"Yup." I answered simply.

"Look outside your window." He said.

By that one sentence, it sounded as if Phil was one of those stalkers that literally hunts you down every minute of everyday. I got up from my warm bed and went to my window. Phil was standing outside. I then realised that I wasn't wearing a shirt and I was in just my boxers.

"Nice one, Howell." Phil text, him realising I wasn't wearing barley any clothes.

"Thanks, Lester." I texted back.

"You gonna come down or nah?" Phil asked me as he smiled up at me.

"If you can promise me one thing. That we're back before my parents wake up." I state.

"I promise." He answered.

I get dressed in my classic everyday wear and go slowly outside, not wanting to wake my family up.

"Hey bro." Phil said to me just as I closed my front door.

"Hey." I said, trying to fix my hair which I was sticking up all over the place. "You are the most weirdest person I have ever met, Phil."

"What would make you think that?" He asked with sadness.

"You made me come out in the freezing cold at two in the morning just for a chat." I say to him with a slight laugh. He smiles.

We begin walking to the nearest park. It's never locked. We sit down on the swings and just talk.

"What made you come up to me at school?" I ask him out of the blue.

"Because you are flipping gorgeous." He blurted out.

I looked at him.

"I mean like in a friend way, of course." He coughed after his sentence trying to cover up what he had just said.

"What made me interesting? What made you come up to a person like me, who is struggling with an eating disorder, who has horrible teeth and brittle nails and a shit personality." I ask him yet again, this time wanting an answer.

"Do you honestly want to know why I went up to you?" He asked me. I nodded my head. "I always seen you in class, and in my head I always said 'Man, I wish I could be his friend' and here we are. I also went up to you because you looked lonely and someone as beautiful as you, should not be left alone." Phil answered me honestly.

"Thanks, Phil." I answer him. I had a smile plastered on my face after what he said. It's nice knowing that someone likes you for who you are and for what you are not.

---

The conversation then went to a lighter topic.

"Can you imagine what a rainbow would taste like?" Phil asked.

"What the fuck are you going on about?" I asked.

"What would it taste like?" He asked with innocence in his voice.

"Your mum." I said with seriousness in my voice.

Phil looked at me and, by his facial features, was giving me the middle finger mentally.

"You still like me nonetheless!" I said with a chuckle.

"You have no idea how much I love you, never mind like you." Phil mumbled.

"What?" I asked him.

"Oh nothing." Phil answered to me, fidgeting with his fingers as if he was nervous for some reason.